Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts

It's universal scanner with excellent cover, all Asian modeles at 95% as dealer tool cover, gm USA is excellent , also other makes from Europe is can do many things, 3 updates every year for 500$, can do key programming for many cars and more.

Sent from my VOYAGER2_DG310 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

it is good, that have good cover for asia and usa but for me is important best cover for european cars

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yeager View Post
    it is good, that have good cover for asia and usa but for me is important best cover for european cars
    If you compare it to scanners above you will have more cover also for European with gscan or you can download data sheet and compare

Sent from my VOYAGER2_DG310 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

i compare maxisys, gscanner, xtool ps90 and now im realy confused :-( ... dont have money for buy all 3 and test what is better from it ...

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hey Yeager, you have mentioned the big 3 in diagnostic tools when it comes to multibrand tools. I have a vast experience in these tools. I am a dealer for all the mentioned brands.... ("hold on I don't want to sell you anything just lend some advise being that I have a lot of experience with these tools.")

The autoboss v30 will be discontinued and there will no longer be upgrades for this tool after 2 years from now. This will leave you with a tool that will not allow upgrades. The new version will only be able to upgrade from this point. I have also found the build of this tool to have warranty issues as its not the greatest quality.

As for functions well the origin of this tool actually came from a software developer that worked for Launch in the early 2000's and at a time the tools where similar as it stands today I find Launch has some stronger points and thats due to its software development. I will get into detail on this when I cover Launch.

Autel is not a bad tool but the price for the full package is a little steep and the software is good but needs some development when against the latest Launch software, all in all its a good tool to have if you can spend the money however as all multibrand tools having one complete solution just does not exists.... so its a matter of not tool is best but which will serve you best till you get another one.

Launch is a very well developed product hands down its the best because of its vehicle coverage and functions and systems. Launch has 3000 software developers and supports over 1000 software upgrades a year and has been developed for longer than the latter and this is simply why it in my opinion ranks #1 I have sold many of these tools over 14 years and never had a complaint.

The Pro is an android scanner for cars this is for the Euro and Africa market the X431 V is for the asian market. The Pro is no longer in production. The new toy is the Pro S there was an upgrade to the 16dbscar plug and its on a lenova tablet. The tool is looking slick and should come with a 3 year software upgrade package.

The GDS is the old version for TRUCK and Diesel cars this unit was discontinued about a year ago. The latest version of this is the Pro3 S and HD module addon.

If you can provide me with what functions and vehicles you wish to use I will be able to tell you some more in depth information on what tool to look at and who knows maybe one of the others will suit you best or another brand possibly.

Hope the information so far is of help.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EquipTech For This Useful Post:

filiprow (18th May, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Autoboss v30 locks at the end license update. Autel Maxisys Pro Launch no problems after the expiration of the license. Good luck.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

l have a v30 and it doesnt lock out at all , havnt updated for 6 months as l dont use alot as x431 is way better
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just come here to ask a question. If you are not a mechanic then do you need this type expensive obd2 diagnostic scanner for your car? Is it worth to spend $500+ for an automotive scanner? I can easily get a scanner under $100. Isn’t?
    Update: I don't have enough budget. Thus, I have decided to buy autel autolink al519 OBD ll scan tool. Let see, how this scan tool works.
    Last edited by kermoik; 13th December, 2017 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

MS908SP is the MS908P update version. Autel MS908S Pro can replace Maxisys MS908P. MS908S Pro comes with Autel Maxiflash Elite J2534 ECU Programming Device also. Autel MS908SP also offering 2 years free update. and the price is $2080 at https://www.obd2tool.com/goods-4525-...with+WIFI.html.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Divad968 View Post
    MS908SP is the MS908P update version. Autel MS908S Pro can replace Maxisys MS908P. MS908S Pro comes with Autel Maxiflash Elite J2534 ECU Programming Device also. Autel MS908SP also offering 2 years free update. and the price is $2080 at https://www.obd2tool.com/goods-4525-...with+WIFI.html.

Hi, I just bought autel 908 sp. for my taste is a good machine, is updated in processor is a little more light than the 908p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

There is another one that is the autel elite that does not make the difference in the bigger prossador and battery in the table. I do not know if there is more difference?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

@ Equip Tech

You might be the one to ask about MaxiSys Pro.

I sent e-mail to Autel, but not response yet. I'm trying to ENCODE a headlamp for 2015 Rolls Royce Ghost BUT there is no C. I. P menu. We know is the same as BMW.

Last week I ran an update (V13.51) released 2019/12/31 that specifically applies to /mini / BMW / RR : Fixed the headlight module CODING error for model 730Li

So, it is available coding, individualization and programming on Rolls Royce ?

I do work 80% of the time with European cars like RR, Bentley, Lambo, Ferrari, Jaguar, Land Rover, McLaren, Mercedes, BMW, Tesla and few more... Are there, in base of your experience, something better for adaptations, coding and programming without going for every single one OEM ?
    I own ISTA+ , Star Diagnostic, and some other brands..
    (find me on F.B as: bronenberg motor werks)
    Last edited by AvechuchoAxel; 10th January, 2020 at 02:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

If I buy a used ms908 would I not be able to update it anymore since it was registered by someone else ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12