Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rob h View Post
    Dissamble the steering colum.
    The ELV (J518) is in there, and holds all the data that is needed.
    Many programmers can read these.
    You could even add a transponder to its dump.
    Thank you all for your help I tried different ways but did not work , at the end ,
    I removed the autho box in order to get my key done ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi have read alot about the J518 module and what I have read from you posts you sound like an expert on this matter. I hope you could take the time and help me. I have Audi Q7 2007 that have the regular no ignition when I turn the key problem. I'm able to start the car if I use the Ross-tech software and clear the error. I have taken of the J518 module and changed the switches and the relay. I have tested the electrical motor and I works. Nothing of that fixes the problem. After this I used an Xprog to read out the eeprom and flash. I bought an secondhand J518 module with the same chip (it was from an A6) I transfered the eeprom and the flash to the new module and tested it it the car. Now the car is totaly black when I turn the key and after I put it in I can't take the key out. If I swap back to the old J518 I can remove the key like regular and if i clear the error code i can start the car like usual. What am I doing wrong or missing here? I thought it would be possible to clone my old J518 to an other working J518 and It would be plug and play? Am I wrong? Could it be the files that have been flipped? Do you have any other tips that I could try?

Best Regards

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,460 Posts

Did both have the same mask?

And did you backup replacement ezs dump?
    Eeprom and flash.
    Last edited by rob h; 6th November, 2018 at 01:36 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rob h For This Useful Post:

yugo45 (6th November, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes the both have the same mask 1L59W the same HW-Nr/Stand 4F0905852B 3.1 and the same SW-Nr/Index 4F0910852 02.20. I bought one used working on ebay. The only differece was that it was from a A6 not a Q7 like mine. I first backed-up the eeprom & Flash from my old J518. Then I took a backup of the new/used j518 eeprom & flash. Then I wrote my own eeprom and dump to the new J518. When I put it in the car it is all black and if I have a key in the lock i cant take it out. I cant either connect my vagcom to the car. If I reconnect my old J518 I can connect the vagcom (rosstech) and clear the error codes and start the car.

Here is a short history of what has happend.
    One day when I put in the key in the lock and turned nothing happend besides the mmi turned on. I connected my vagcom and got (00288 - steering column lock actuator (n360) 014 - defective). When I clear the error the steering lock is opend and the car turns to life and I can start the car. As long as I have the key in the lock I can turn of the car and start it again. But when I remove the key it is back to the same as before and I need to clear the error again to use the car. Right now I alwas have a computer in the car when I need to use it. I thought if I cloned my old J518 to an other one that is the same it would be plug and play?

I have read alot about this problem and I have changed the relay, the 3 switches and the motor and it is still the same. Then I bought a used J518 with the same HW & SW and a XPROG v5.55. Here is where I am now. How should I continue on to solve this problem? Like I said the car is drivable with my orginal keys and old J518 but I need to use the cagcom every time to clear the codes and get it running. And I have all the dumps from my old and new j518 in backup.

I have also downloaded som other dumps from here and when I compare the to mine they look the same in size and information in them.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    279 Posts

Testing is easier with this bench set https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXMwXAVesHE
    Or just cut red/black wire from 3pin connector when J518 is UNLOCKED and get rid of this shit !!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

@amiokola @tusentack
    I have repaired many ELVs of A6 and all successfully,
    * * Now I have the same problem as @tusentack, DTC 00288 (steering wheel position sensor blocked) is output every three attempts and the DTC diagnosis must be cleared, in order to restart the ELV and start working correctly.
    I have already changed (MCU9s12 3L40k, Can TJA1054, motor, relex, microswitches -EZS and ELV), soldered plate,) and same problem,

any other idea?
    Last edited by lidons; 13th November, 2018 at 05:41 PM.
    excuse my English, is the best.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lidons View Post
    @amiokola @tusentack
    * * Now I have the same problem as @tusentack, DTC 00288 (steering wheel position sensor blocked) is output every three attempts and the DTC diagnosis must be cleared, in order to restart the ELV and start working correctly.
    I have already changed (MCU9s12 3L40k, Can TJA1054, motor, relex, microswitches -EZS and ELV), soldered plate,) and same problem,

any other idea?
    Cut the wire

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    279 Posts

When you clone MCU to other ELV all is ok ??

Quote Originally Posted by lidons View Post
    @amiokola @tusentack

any other idea?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Why to bother. Program used elv.
    If anyone need ekv modules working ones contact me,i have more than 30pcs euro
    Renault ECU tool / IO terminal / A.S.W

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amigokola View Post
    When you clone MCU to other ELV all is ok ??
    When everything is cloned I have the same problem, even more often than before. with new MCU

Quote Originally Posted by drugowaz View Post
    ok
    excuse my English, is the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Hi, ive added new key via tag tool using kessy elv dump (0l05y mask) but now i dont get access to kessy in the car. I used vvdi prog to write chip. Got boath eeprom and flash backed up.

Im going to read it with xprog and compare the files.

If anyone has been successful in adding keys via fvdi tag tool let us know. Thanks
    Hit like and thanks if I've helped you!!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,577 Posts

Hello,

What tool can program used ELV? I guess surely AVDI but what about FVDI and others?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

VVDI prog works ok on these , i do +5 a month and never have issues
    also if you use new MCU use orginal ones not china/ali

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,577 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ricked View Post
    VVDI prog works ok on these , i do +5 a month and never have issues
    also if you use new MCU use orginal ones not china/ali
    Ok but I'm talking about programming ELV to car, I think there is procedure for this?

I have faulty ELV and I already copied eeprom from original to second hand with same part numbers but after reading posts in this thread I'm not sure it's gonna work, I will try and report tomorrow.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

With keys?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast