Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dreambox 800 HD, USB Drive Help

Hi, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, i did check some other threads but couldn't find a specific answer.

I am trying to use a 16GB USB drive for recording, when i plug it in and try it initialize it, the system sees the drive but fails at 99% and throws a error on screen saying "initializing storage device Error...." i can upload a pic of the error on screen if needed.

I am a bit of newbie, but tried two different USB drives and the box is running OPEN PLI image is that's any help.

thanks

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Try disconnecting the hard drive if you have one, sounds to me like your using the usb as your main drive mind but if you have do that .Then format the usb on your pc .Then intialize the usb on your dm ,replug the hard drive back in and see what happens...Hope it helps...Rhurbarb
    Last edited by rhurbarb; 24th January, 2013 at 08:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rhurbarb View Post
    Try disconnecting the hard drive if you have one .Then formatting the usb on your pc .Then intializing the usb ,then replug the hard drive back in ...Hope it helps
    Thanks for the reply, i removed and formatted the USB to FAT32 and stuck it back in and gives error when trying to record to it still.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Hi

hmm not good..You could load meoboot in and have another image working in flash so you could format the usb with the flash image but put openpli on the usb stick ....Rhurbarb