MacBook Pro 2011 15" blank screen help
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default MacBook Pro 2011 15" blank screen help

My MacBook recently developed a fault where everything works except the screen.

Tried all the pram settings and 2nd display etc and the results are still with no screen display.

Hence I took it to Apple Store and had it checked and was told it needs a new logic board.

Is there any advice on how to repair it outside Apple Store on the cheap or component failure?

Their prices are extortionate.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Grover

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Does it qualify? Apple on 19 February 2015 announced that it is kicking off a repair program for some MacBook Pro models suffering from the graphics issues we've described in this article.

It's not officially a replacement program, but instead is titled "MacBook Pro Repair Extension Program for Video Issues.
    The specific products mentioned are 15in and 17in MacBook Pro models manufactured in 2011, and 15in MacBook Pro with Retina models manufactured from Mid 2012 to Early 2013.

So, if you've got a MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011), MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), MacBook Pro (17-inch Late 2011), MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012), MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013) then you're eligible to take part in the repair program.
    Last edited by DOUGALMCD; 21st July, 2016 at 07:24 PM.