Register
Page 43 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393 ... LastLast
    Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Hi, today I updated XC-mini KM03 from 4.0.1 to 4.0.3 using USB cable and PC software Upgrade Kit v1.1.9. Took about 20 mins to do and XC-mini seems to boot ok. However, if I try to connect PC to XC-mini again, it does not connect. I click on find device button, software says Error: Failed to read device info. XC-mini changes to black background screen with Condor, XHorse logo and serial no. Does not display firmware and does not change, even with USB cable removal. Need to power cycle the XC-mini, then back to light screen with main menu. I can see XC-mini firmware is 4.0.3 here. Hopefully machine works ok, and next update software will at least communicate with XC-mini.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I haven't upgraded yet to 4.0.3 since I didn't get any answer what was changed in that version. Now, I'm not planning to perform this upgrade at all.

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

The one change that I needed was renault keycard emergency key. I got PM from XHorsesupport saying it was fixed, so hopefully test it next couple of days.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    286 Posts

Hi about hu64 calculating bite was ok key cutting see good but cant open if i show on tent is smaller as original . i try change original drill this 2.5 mm have 2.65 maybe this is problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madaxe View Post
    Hi, today I updated XC-mini KM03 from 4.0.1 to 4.0.3 using USB cable and PC software Upgrade Kit v1.1.9. Took about 20 mins to do and XC-mini seems to boot ok. However, if I try to connect PC to XC-mini again, it does not connect. I click on find device button, software says Error: Failed to read device info. XC-mini changes to black background screen with Condor, XHorse logo and serial no. Does not display firmware and does not change, even with USB cable removal. Need to power cycle the XC-mini, then back to light screen with main menu. I can see XC-mini firmware is 4.0.3 here. Hopefully machine works ok, and next update software will at least communicate with XC-mini.
    "it does not connect. I click on find device button, software says Error: Failed to read device info" please install driver and reconnect the usb,then try again.
    About renualt emergency key,it's fixed on v4.0.2,some people have verified that it's ok.please check and if any problem please contact with me

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xhorsesupport View Post
    please install driver and reconnect the usb,then try again.
    I'll give it a go tomorrow, but I cant see why installing a driver on a PC will make a difference when I have already updated the XC-mini using that PC. Clearly the driver worked at that point. Is there a specific driver you'd like me to try ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,300 Posts

You are asking for advice mate ... take it .. and then question it if it doesn't work

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PremierD For This Useful Post:

z786 (4th January, 2018)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xhorsesupport View Post
    About renualt emergency key,it's fixed on v4.0.2,some people have verified that it's ok.please check and if any problem please contact with me
    Yes, it is OK with v4.0.2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I'll give it a go tomorrow, but I cant see why installing a driver on a PC will make a difference when I have already updated the XC-mini using that PC. Clearly the driver worked at that point. Is there a specific driver you'd like me to try ?
    The pc doesn't recognize the usb,driver and reconnection is a way to activate the recognization,if you there is problem still.please check your pm,I send to you my contact information,I'll check for you remotely.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,460 Posts

Get the shortest best quality USB cable you can find!
    Run as admin.
    Virus scan of!
    Test using the 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports.

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

rob h: I only use good quality USB cables, that work with Tango, which is the most fussy USB device I have. Virus scan does not run by itself, only 1nce a month, of if I sense a problem. I am admin priv on all locksmithing PC's. Only got USB3 ports and powered USB3 Anker Hub in my setup, which has never failed even with Tango. None of which would explain why it worked well enough to update the XC-mini, which took 20 mins. Then stopped after the XC-mini software update :-)

XHorsesupport: I got your PM and will contact you on Monday when I know your timezone. But looks to me like the PC is contacting the XC-mini, and starting the connection, because the XC-mini screen resets and changes colour. Do you have a specific driver you want me to try ?

Also, is it possible to have a screen testing / alignment function put into the XC-mini ? Some of screen buttons are so small, and dont seem to line up very well, worse case for me is putting the bitting in manually for a HU64-2. The '1' button when I press it clicks the return to main menu button. Most other keys are fine because I can use Instacode Live, but cant see how to get Instacode Live to use HU64-2. A stylus would be good if you can say what sort will work, but I think the alignment function needs to be there too.

Also, noticed a problem trying to cut TOY43 emergency blade for Prius (pic attached). The plastic part wont fit in the clamp to line the tip up. And if I clamp the metal part, the machine wont cut it becuse the tip doenst align.

Also, shoulder aligned keys arent very accurately cut, because the shoulder is aligned by eye. It would be better if the shoulder were 'discovered' using something like the universal copy function (lots of small movements to find the change in width of blade). I had a (Silca) GT15R the other day where the shoulder was aligned correctly, or so I thought, but the cutter took the tip of the key off when it moved around to cut side 2.

Still very happy with the machine, but getting rid of the small bugs will make it an even better machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. The Following User Says Thank You to madaxe For This Useful Post:

fytfh (8th January, 2018)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

It always cuts the tip of the Fiat GT15R key even it is correctly aligned - BUG. There is a small "L" shape metal in the package what you can use to align the key to the shoulder.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    515 Posts

use the shoulder stop........................

ikeycutter-coudor-xc-mini-master-12.jpg

that thing on the right is the shoulder stop.........................
    Last edited by sleepyrz; 6th January, 2018 at 09:43 PM.

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I was cutting a key today and was looking at that groove on the clamp, thinking, hmm, its quite a wide groove, I bet a piece of metal will slide in there, and you guys had already thought of it. I'll try it out, thanks.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    515 Posts

https://youtu.be/uaGnwx4yYm4?t=57s

that little guy right there

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sleepyrz For This Useful Post:

WRX 14 (10th January, 2018)