Quote Originally Posted by madaxe View Post
rob h: I only use good quality USB cables, that work with Tango, which is the most fussy USB device I have. Virus scan does not run by itself, only 1nce a month, of if I sense a problem. I am admin priv on all locksmithing PC's. Only got USB3 ports and powered USB3 Anker Hub in my setup, which has never failed even with Tango. None of which would explain why it worked well enough to update the XC-mini, which took 20 mins. Then stopped after the XC-mini software update :-)

XHorsesupport: I got your PM and will contact you on Monday when I know your timezone. But looks to me like the PC is contacting the XC-mini, and starting the connection, because the XC-mini screen resets and changes colour. Do you have a specific driver you want me to try ?

Also, is it possible to have a screen testing / alignment function put into the XC-mini ? Some of screen buttons are so small, and dont seem to line up very well, worse case for me is putting the bitting in manually for a HU64-2. The '1' button when I press it clicks the return to main menu button. Most other keys are fine because I can use Instacode Live, but cant see how to get Instacode Live to use HU64-2. A stylus would be good if you can say what sort will work, but I think the alignment function needs to be there too.

Also, noticed a problem trying to cut TOY43 emergency blade for Prius (pic attached). The plastic part wont fit in the clamp to line the tip up. And if I clamp the metal part, the machine wont cut it becuse the tip doenst align.

Also, shoulder aligned keys arent very accurately cut, because the shoulder is aligned by eye. It would be better if the shoulder were 'discovered' using something like the universal copy function (lots of small movements to find the change in width of blade). I had a (Silca) GT15R the other day where the shoulder was aligned correctly, or so I thought, but the cutter took the tip of the key off when it moved around to cut side 2.

Still very happy with the machine, but getting rid of the small bugs will make it an even better machine.
have an extra drive for a try,but I think there is a lot other things to check,I have given to you my contact,can check remotely for you.add my contact.
screen buttons click not accurate,it's the static affect the touch,please avoid this.I have given to you the details in PM.
about the toy43,please use the black metal in package to assist(put on the shoulder)