Thread: X-Prog M

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obdmaster View Post
    Obd2master is chinese seller, please don't confuse him with me
    hey, i just noticed that i tot you were the one mate. !

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Obd2master is chinese seller, please don't confuse him with me
    hey m8, if you have chance to test it with fake on performance, you pay me 1500USD, if there's no fake on performance, I pay you 1500USD, let's make a deal!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Thumbs up

Not saying it doesnt work m8, i have an xprog-m clone from ecutool and works great, Dont know what your problem is and dont like your name being near enough same as mine m8 OK! What you on about 1500usd, never said it didnt work!!!!!

so if fully authorised and fully working how much do you sell yours for m8 ? give us a link to your site or pm me it m8. we may be able to do some business
    Last edited by obdmaster; 1st February, 2010 at 08:29 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

He is just being sarcastic,no one before a sale says mine dont work,do they?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Hi friends!!

Hello friends,

can someone confirm that this xprog-m clone has full authorization and works well? (I see full authorizations including ARM micronas)

I am a bit confused and I don't know if is better going for an upa, a xprog-m (I prefer an original but for a begginer like me is at the moment unaffordable) or for an universal programmer.

I usually do electronics designs and the best option for me is the universal programmer but I really don't know (due to the lack of experience in this fields) if I could bypass the secured chips and read/write the more newest and exotics ones ; (you know).

Well that's all, thanks in advance for your kind suuport. Best Regards,

Mashu.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mashupishu View Post
    Hello friends,

can someone confirm that this xprog-m clone has full authorization and works well? (I see full authorizations including ARM micronas)

I am a bit confused and I don't know if is better going for an upa, a xprog-m (I prefer an original but for a begginer like me is at the moment unaffordable) or for an universal programmer.

I usually do electronics designs and the best option for me is the universal programmer but I really don't know (due to the lack of experience in this fields) if I could bypass the secured chips and read/write the more newest and exotics ones ; (you know).

Well that's all, thanks in advance for your kind suuport. Best Regards,

Mashu.

I have clone xprog-m from ecutool, upto now on eeprom and tms370 and hc11 its worked well, mine doesnt have authorisation for micronas though. How much is the one i the link m8?
    Last edited by obdmaster; 4th February, 2010 at 03:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Good question.

I had seen so many clones that I thought that I know the price of these one.

I will contact them for a price enquiry, as soon I get an answer I will post here.

See you later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well, 130? plus 30? for shipment, total 160? (I'm a mathematics master ).

Including all the adapters and authorizations.

I don't know, what do you think?.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Thumbs up

Well, 130? plus 30? for shipment, total 160? (I'm a mathematics master ).

Including all the adapters and authorizations.

I don't know, what do you think?.

Sounds good m8, good price also. If you buy, let me know what its like please

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    486 Posts

According to the TMT price list, there are TOO many authorizations listed as for sale. Still confuse me how this system work. If I paid only for a HW of Xprog-m and nothing else (and of cause the Xprog-m installation CD should come along with or to be downloaded, right?), can it be usable for the more common and non-secured MCUs like many of HC05, HC11 etc without buying any appropriate authorizations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I think that I will try ecukey, first I must to talk to my brother (hi is the master mechanic) to see what are our real needs.

The main problem for me and him, is the lack of knowledge of the chips used on airbag units and ecus (mainly we are targeting airbags units at the beginning), and we don't know really if the xprog will deal with all of them. My brother have a lot lot experience in car electronics, mechanics and had worked as support service for a few years to other car repair business, but this is one thing and knowing what is inside of a airbag unit or ecu is a different thing.

One question mate, with the xprog what cars are out of our scope?, and is there any other programmer that is better?

Thanks for your kind support, regards Mashu.

Sounds good m8, good price also. If you buy, let me know what its like please

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I think that I will try ecukey, first I must to talk to my brother (hi is the master mechanic) to see what are our real needs.

The main problem for me and him, is the lack of knowledge of the chips used on airbag units and ecus (mainly we are targeting airbags units at the beginning), and we don't know really if the xprog will deal with all of them. My brother have a lot lot experience in car electronics, mechanics and had worked as support service for a few years to other car repair business, but this is one thing and knowing what is inside of a airbag unit or ecu is a different thing.

One question mate, with the xprog what cars are out of our scope?, and is there any other programmer that is better?

Thanks for your kind support, regards Mashu.
    one thing you should know about this line of business is that NO programmer does it all, also you can't have just one programmer. UPA-USB is a very good programmer but you still need a programmer like X-PROG because of some secured MCU. so i'll advice you start with both of them they later with experience you will be able to tell which suits your need more and if you require additional one. anyway with the help of this wonderful FORUM, you will always be kept abreast of information.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi friend,

Yes I was thinking the same, I had experience in the microcontrollers field (programming, electronics, memories, and such ones), but my tools are very specific for Microchip microcontrollers.

I was also considering an universal one but I really don't know if an universal can deal with the secured chips, despite the fact that the all the adaptors for each chip is a nightmare, in price and of course maybe I will not use the 1% of them, because I don't know the real chips that will come with the units.

And if we wan't to give a real good service the client can't wait two weeks while I order the adaptor, programmer or needed tool for doing the job.

So, as you say, I will look for UPA and X-PROG, my unknown chips are the motorola ones and tms, for the others and memories I already have programmers and tools, but as I am seen, 68XX are so common.

And yes, this is a really good forum, the support is fantastic, is nice to find cool people around here.

Thanks for your answer, regards, Mashu.

Quote Originally Posted by eepromRipper View Post
    one thing you should know about this line of business is that NO programmer does it all, also you can't have just one programmer. UPA-USB is a very good programmer but you still need a programmer like X-PROG because of some secured MCU. so i'll advice you start with both of them they later with experience you will be able to tell which suits your need more and if you require additional one. anyway with the help of this wonderful FORUM, you will always be kept abreast of information.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    486 Posts

I have clone xprog-m from ecutool, upto now on eeprom and tms370 and hc11 its worked well, mine doesnt have authorisation for micronas though. How much is the one i the link m8?
    You said you've got all 11 adapters from them too, do they come with some connection instructions e.g. 1-002-008,TMS374 ICP adapter. Seem no such instruction found anywhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
    According to the TMT price list, there are TOO many authorizations listed as for sale. Still confuse me how this system work. If I paid only for a HW of Xprog-m and nothing else (and of cause the Xprog-m installation CD should come along with or to be downloaded, right?), can it be usable for the more common and non-secured MCUs like many of HC05, HC11 etc without buying any appropriate authorizations.
    Yes, You can use it for non-secured MCUs and them buy an authorizations when you need.

Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast