Register
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Will world will end in 2012 ?

Sun Storms Solar experts from around the world monitoring the sun have made a startling discovery: our sun is in a bit of strife. The energy output of the sun is, like most things in nature, cyclic, and it's supposed to be in the middle of a period of relative stability. However, recent solar storms have been bombarding the Earth with so much radiation energy, it's been knocking out power grids and destroying satellites. This activity is predicted to get worse, and calculations suggest it'll reach its deadly peak sometime in 2012

The Bible says...
    If having scientists warning us about the end of the world isn't bad enough,religious folks are getting in on the act aswell. Interpretations of the Christian Bible reveal that the date for Armageddon, the final battle between Good an Evil, has been set down for 2012. The I Ching, also known as the Chinese book of Changes, says the same thing, as do various sections of the Hindu teachings.

The Physicists
    This one's case of bog-simple maths mathematics. Physicists at Berekely Uni have been crunching the numbers. and they've determined that the Earth is well overdue for a major catastrophic event. Even worse, they're claiming their calculations prove, that we're all going to die, very soon - while also saying their prediction comes with a certainty of 99 percent- and 2012 just happens to be the best guess as to when it occurs.
    Last edited by caveman_nige; 5th September, 2009 at 11:46 PM. Reason: post clocking

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by valik View Post
    Sun Storms Solar experts from around the world monitoring the sun have made a startling discovery: our sun is in a bit of strife. The energy output of the sun is, like most things in nature, cyclic, and it's supposed to be in the middle of a period of relative stability. However, recent solar storms have been bombarding the Earth with so much radiation energy, it's been knocking out power grids and destroying satellites. This activity is predicted to get worse, and calculations suggest it'll reach its deadly peak sometime in 2012

The Bible says...
    If having scientists warning us about the end of the world isn't bad enough,religious folks are getting in on the act aswell. Interpretations of the Christian Bible reveal that the date for Armageddon, the final battle between Good an Evil, has been set down for 2012. The I Ching, also known as the Chinese book of Changes, says the same thing, as do various sections of the Hindu teachings.

The Physicists
    This one's case of bog-simple maths mathematics. Physicists at Berekely Uni have been crunching the numbers. and they've determined that the Earth is well overdue for a major catastrophic event. Even worse, they're claiming their calculations prove, that we're all going to die, very soon - while also saying their prediction comes with a certainty of 99 percent- and 2012 just happens to be the best guess as to when it occurs.
    How did they manage to calculate it to end at exactly 12 minutes past 8?
    I can't wake up Grumpy now in case I am accused of Dwarfism

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The Bible also says that there will be a second coming of Jesus Christ and that he will reign on Earth for 1000 years. Since he hasn't been back yet then I'm not in the slightest bit worried about the world ending in 3 years time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Bruce Willis will sort it out when the time comes.
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I do not know the answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes it will. :-(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sun Storms directly correlate with the sunspot cycle, activity reaches its apex every 11 years, other external forces (such as the planetary alignments effect on the overall gravity of the system) impact directly on the severity.
    Theyre nothing to worry about and fairly common, the earth is at a great enough distance to be safe from the atmosphere stripping effects witnessed on Mercury.
    Worst case scenario the geomagnetic field alters enough to cause a few thousand volts to spike through any wires on earth. busting a few fuses and pissibly electrocuting a small portion of the population.
    Hardly "Revelations."

The Bible says...
    Completely nothing that isnt vague enough to be widely open to personal interpretation. Besides placing stock in a work of fictions ability to predict the future is way out there past the sand drawn line termed rediculous.
    Lightning was created by Zeus, then it was later understood to be created through static built up from friction of moving planes of water vapour.
    Mysticysm only succeeds where basic understandings fail.

The Physicists admittedly have no real idea what theyre talking about.
    Experimental physics research costs money, large sums are only donated towards research that can make the headlines.
    claiming that "ive not been hit by a bus yet, so the probability that i could be hit by one increases with each passing day." whilst accurate to a point, serves no real purpose than to scaremonger.

Predictions of catastrophe are much like 7th day adventists. in that "Jesus will appear at the weekend" nothing "my prediction was inaccurate it will be next week" nothing "maybe next week?" nothing.

The point being, i could write down a long list of natural phenomena thats largely misunderstood by the larger population and predict the end of the world by adding 2+2 and getting 5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chroma View Post
    Sun Storms directly correlate with the sunspot cycle, activity reaches its apex every 11 years, other external forces (such as the planetary alignments effect on the overall gravity of the system) impact directly on the severity.
    Theyre nothing to worry about and fairly common, the earth is at a great enough distance to be safe from the atmosphere stripping effects witnessed on Mercury.
    Worst case scenario the geomagnetic field alters enough to cause a few thousand volts to spike through any wires on earth. busting a few fuses and pissibly electrocuting a small portion of the population.
    Hardly "Revelations."

The Bible says...
    Completely nothing that isnt vague enough to be widely open to personal interpretation. Besides placing stock in a work of fictions ability to predict the future is way out there past the sand drawn line termed rediculous.
    Lightning was created by Zeus, then it was later understood to be created through static built up from friction of moving planes of water vapour.
    Mysticysm only succeeds where basic understandings fail.

The Physicists admittedly have no real idea what theyre talking about.
    Experimental physics research costs money, large sums are only donated towards research that can make the headlines.
    claiming that "ive not been hit by a bus yet, so the probability that i could be hit by one increases with each passing day." whilst accurate to a point, serves no real purpose than to scaremonger.

Predictions of catastrophe are much like 7th day adventists. in that "Jesus will appear at the weekend" nothing "my prediction was inaccurate it will be next week" nothing "maybe next week?" nothing.

The point being, i could write down a long list of natural phenomena thats largely misunderstood by the larger population and predict the end of the world by adding 2+2 and getting 5.

Don't forget Bruce Willis.
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I do not know the answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by valik View Post

The Bible says...

The Physicists

roll on 2012 make a good end to the olympics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am too young to die...I won't hear of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, well sod the diet then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i hope so ive just taken out a huge loan ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The world is not going to end in 2012.

There might be a magnetic polar flip, and spiritually there is talk of us raising our vibrational level from the fourth dimension into the fifth, but not the end of the world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmm.....

It's interesting to note that the Mayan Long Count calendar has an end-date of December 21, 2012, is associated with precession of the equinoxes. As such it's an important demarcation for the Age of Aquarius.

ZedBee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

That is other people's interpretations of the mayan calendar.

FYI-Fla.com's Special Requests Page

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a magnetic flip is the most realistic probability as this has happened many times in earths long life.this would create havoc amongst our modern world however this wont mean the end of the world or the end of civilisation as we know it ,things will be different harder and we will have to work through it.all those doom merchants will be found out just like that swami who has taken up residence on the little cumbrea.

Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast