Jamie Vardy's decision not to join Arsenal over the summer was "daft", according to Shaun Custis on Sunday Supplement.
The Leicester striker was targeted by the Gunners before Euro 2016, but opted instead to sign a new contract and stay with the Premier League champions.
The Sun's Custis, however, told Sunday Supplement that Vardy should have made the switch to the Emirates Stadium.
"I just think it was daft," he said. "I just can't understand why Jamie Vardy would not go to Arsenal.
"You're never going to repeat what happened at Leicester again. Yes, you're going to go on a bit of a journey with the Champions League and it's all going to be great fun. But if you aspire to be a top, top player you go to Arsenal.
"He should have done that and he hasn't. Maybe he's regretting it, and if he sees [Riyad] Mahrez go before the end of the window he'll be thinking 'I wonder'."
The Times' Chief Football Writer Henry Winter, however, said he admired Vardy's loyalty to Leicester.
"This was his one opportunity to join of the most famous clubs of all time," said Winter.
"I admire his loyalty to Leicester, he's got a new contract and he's huge there, whereas he wouldn't have been so much at Arsenal when you've got other bigger star names there."