Fernando Forestieri is to be brought back in from the cold at Sheffield Wednesday after he apologised to staff and team-mates for refusing to play against Norwich.
The 26-year-old attacker did not travel with the squad to Carrow Road for the goalless draw on Saturday and had to be convinced to play against Aston Villa in the season opener, in which he scored the winner, the week prior.
Forestieri's actions are understood to be the result of interest from other Championship clubs including Derby County and Newcastle, and a pledge from the Wednesday chairman that none of their players are for sale this summer.

Owls manager Carlos Carvalhal told Sky Sports News HQ on Monday that Forestieri had resumed training after his apology, which he also put into writing on Twitter.
The Argentina-born former Italy U21 said: "There are a lot of rumours and opinions going around that have been blown out of proportion and are upsetting.
"I just want to clarify I have never wanted to leave and have always, and still do, want to play for Sheffield Wednesday.

Carlos Carvalhal explained Forestieri's absence from the Norwich game

"I apologise for my behaviour and know there is no excuse. I hope we can move on so I can focus only on my passion."
Carvalhal said: "He apologised to the group and to my staff and he is back in training. He has a three-year contract and, if he has a contract, he must stay.

Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Norwich and Sheffield Wednesday

"There is only one person who can decide if a player stays for the length of his contract and that is the chairman. So if the chairman decides he won't sell any player, I don't know why there is any subject about this.
"I am a professional coach and deal with professionals. They are under contact and must train very well. If they do then I must decide if they deserve to play. If they don't train well or do what we want, then they don't play."