Gary Neville: Joe Hart should stay at Manchester City and fight for place
Register
    Complete Pish DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Default Gary Neville: Joe Hart should stay at Manchester City and fight for place

Gary Neville has urged Joe Hart to stay at Manchester City and fight for his first-team place.
    Pep Guardiola dropped Hart in favour of Willy Caballero for City's 2-1 victory over Sunderland on the opening day of the Premier League season.
    The new City boss has admitted Hart is unhappy at the decision, but Neville believes England's No. 1 should work to adapt to Guardiola's tactics rather than seek a transfer.

Willy Caballero started in place of Joe Hart against Sunderland

"Pep Guardiola has been around the block and I'm sure he would have understood the significance of leaving Hart out of his team," Neville said on Monday Night Football.
    "He would have known the repercussions when it comes to England's No.1 and Man City's No.1 for many years. It will be a decision he won't have taken lightly, but he hit it head on.

Pep plays down Toure absence

Pep Guardiola plays down Yaya Toure's absence from Man City's Champions League play-off

"He's given Joe a little whack, there's no doubt about that.
    "The fallout since is that Joe has to consider leaving and there will be a lot of noise, there always is around a big England player, about who is going to buy Joe Hart. He was linked this morning [Monday] with numerous clubs.
    "I think my advice to Joe would be to stay exactly where he is."

Guardiola's style of play requires his goalkeeper to be comfortable in possession, and Manuel Neuer made more than 2,000 short passes over three seasons under the Spaniard at Bayern Munich.
    Neville believes Hart, who made 562 short passes over the same time period for City, should work on the training ground to improve that side of his game.

Pep Guardiola refused to confirm whether Hart would start Manchester City's Champions League qualifier

"It's nothing to do with Joe's style over the last three years, it's been Man City's style," Neville continued. "Pep's complete and total belief is to play out from the back at all costs.
    "That's not how Joe has been doing it and it's not the strongest part of his game. He's not incapable, but it's not the strongest part.

WATCH: Premier League goals

Premier League goals and highlights available to watch

"The easy thing would be to throw your toys out of the pram, to create a problem with the manager and say, 'we will part company'. I say he should stay for a year or two and get his head down and work to transform himself.
    "He has 10 years left at the top of his game, and from my point of view, he should fight to get back into the team, to transform his game with Pep into someone who can play 2,000 passes rather than 500, and to be what Pep wants him to be.

Steaua Bucharest v Man City preview

Pep Guardiola's Man City travel to Steaua Bucharest in the first leg of their CL play-off

"I think Guardiola might be able to find a goalkeeper who is better with his feet at the moment but for attitude, work ethic and someone who loves Man City, he would be better off sticking with Joe and transforming him into what he wants."

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Never rated him always saw his flaws but maybe he's the best England have to offer. If Man city are to win anything they have to stop leaking goals at back and that starts with keeper. I Cannot feel sorry for someone who gets paid stupid amount of money every week.