win 10 good or bad
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default win 10 good or bad

has anyone got windows 10 installed, is it any good is it worth trying.
    tiger4

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Does your name relate to where you stay anyway you asked if good or bad have a read mate:-
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...33#post2576833
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...-you-want-lol)
    Last edited by DOUGALMCD; 25th August, 2016 at 07:37 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

rather u send microsoft a list of all of your cracked and pirate software with all your info , will not be a long big instillation of a program that do all of that for you
    and no there is a lot of diagnostic and other programs that do not like win10
    so install on a other pc try and see u will like it at first and then not once u want to use usual programs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGALMCD View Post
    Does your name relate to where you stay anyway you asked if good or bad have a read mate:-
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...33#post2576833
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...-you-want-lol)
    no need for caustic remark , you think it makes it fine if you add a smiley. i will stick to win 7 i would expect better from someone with a good scottish name
    tiger4

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

I'm not sure where you think I was being sarcastic I was referring to the fact that it relates to a place near where I stay just trying to be friendly but it's your choice if you want to take umbridge when others are trying to help. Hence the sentence ending in mate! Have a nice day.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Windows 10 IMHO is a good os. Better than 7? Debatable. Better than 8 very much so. Seeing as from xp the step of a good version jumped a version
    Xp good
    Vista ~~~~~
    7 good
    8 ~~~~~
    10 good.

But like or loathe 10 apparently it's gonna be the last version just gonna get massive updates that will kill something

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

l think its good , its runs lots of old stuff that would never work on 7 , l used xp still on garage pc and toughbook but one in other office is win10 and runs most stuff as a backed if other pc dies
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now, the starters will miss out on a lot of new and innovative features which were not available before. On the other hand, for those who actually went ahead and upgraded to Windows 10, they are going to benefit from features and embedded services like Device Guard, Windows Hello, Windows Passport and Azure Rights Management, which not only improve security but enhances it by leaps and bounds, which will unfortunately not be the case with older Windows OS'.
    There is no denying the fact that Windows 10 issues and fixes are largely a concern for users who are quite satisfied with older OS' that they might be using, but Windows has proven time and time again that is dedicated to its new OS, which should explain the constant updates already being released for Windows 10 every now and then. It is important to note that Windows 10 security risks are next to none, and the only real way users are safe is if they upgrade to Windows 10, although it could take its toll on their pockets. But then again, they will get to enjoy a new and highly optimized OS, with better safety protocols like never before.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjohnson View Post
    Now, the starters will miss out on a lot of new and innovative features which were not available before. On the other hand, for those who actually went ahead and upgraded to Windows 10, they are going to benefit from features and embedded services like Device Guard, Windows Hello, Windows Passport and Azure Rights Management, which not only improve security but enhances it by leaps and bounds, which will unfortunately not be the case with older Windows OS'.
    There is no denying the fact that Windows 10 issues and fixes are largely a concern for users who are quite satisfied with older OS' that they might be using, but Windows has proven time and time again that is dedicated to its new OS, which should explain the constant updates already being released for Windows 10 every now and then. It is important to note that Windows 10 security risks are next to none, and the only real way users are safe is if they upgrade to Windows 10, although it could take its toll on their pockets. But then again, they will get to enjoy a new and highly optimized OS, with better safety protocols like never before.

Can you use a return key to make any further posts easier to read? Ta

Keep to note, im just trying something out, my old laptop is on win 10 and getting clockwatch fault. So either overheating, (both cpu and gpu have been repasted) or CPU being overwhelmed so going to revert back to XP (barley used) and see what happens

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cunny For This Useful Post:

DOUGALMCD (4th September, 2016)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Sure we know the answer cunny

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Well put windows 7 on, all good so far, so more than likely windows 10 does not support my CPU very well. Ive read the issue is can be caused by the OS trying to requet a thread when the CPU has not finished with current request, basically causing the CPU to lock up. (AMD TURION X2)

So if you get same fault try frest installs of previous versions of windows. I actually dont think the CPU is supported.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Windows = Bad!

Since moving to a mac, I must say I would never go back to windows. Windows 10 was the end for me, although I agree that it was a step up from 8.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to janobi For This Useful Post:

gopher7 (13th September, 2016)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

In all fairness, I was trained on Mac. Now, I would not own 1 if it was given to me.

As said I'm running a nice new build just need a gfx card (i7 6700k 16gb ddr4)

Laptop nice and stable now on 7 so all good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a surface 1 pro and win10 is perfect on it. I have a gaming rig and I still prefer win7 on that. Older games dont run well on win10 particularly if you upgraded and not fresh installed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Normally I am a Mac-user, and I've been so since quite a few years. But at my current job I am forced to use Windows. When I started here almost a year ago we had Win 7, and I actually kind of liked it. I used to be a hardcore PC gamer maybe 10 years ago and most things felt quite the same as the XP-time, with some cosmetical differences. However, the company decided to upgrade to Win 10, and now I HATE sitting at my desktop. It's horrible. Ugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast