Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Complete noob and I don't even know where to begin

I'm currently trying to watch all my football and 3pm kick offs through kodi but the quality of streams has got worse.

I don't have a satellite dish and don't know where to start. Is there a box available that I can connect to my internet ? And if I do need a dish, what dish/receiver set up do I need to get all the sports and uk sky channels ?

Sorry if I'm not allowed to ask this question or if there's a specific forum I should be asking in. I don't know where to go.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Ok, let's look at your options, 1st as you posted in the cable sub forum do you live in a vm cable tv area, if unsure then get on the vm website and do a post code search.

2nd as you haven't got a sat dish, you will best asking a local installer to fit a freesat system then get an openbox or zgemma, you never know the installer might fit the openbox/zgemma for you but you won't get sports in HD.

3rd the reason your kodi stream is rubbish is most probably down to the fact your accessing free streams with everybody else trying to get a freebiie stream also, why not do some research into a IPTV subscription, it will cost you money but you user experience will be a lot better.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

thayer201 (28th August, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

if your streams slowing up refresh kodi set up. dish size in uk a 1 meter prety mush does it ,ive got azbox have a look in sat section see what useing lates soft ****
    Last edited by Johnner; 28th August, 2016 at 07:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martin035 View Post
    Ok, let's look at your options, 1st as you posted in the cable sub forum do you live in a vm cable tv area, if unsure then get on the vm website and do a post code search.

2nd as you haven't got a sat dish, you will best asking a local installer to fit a freesat system then get an openbox or zgemma, you never know the installer might fit the openbox/zgemma for you but you won't get sports in HD.

3rd the reason your kodi stream is rubbish is most probably down to the fact your accessing free streams with everybody else trying to get a freebiie stream also, why not do some research into a IPTV subscription, it will cost you money but you user experience will be a lot better.
    Yeah I live in a vm area. I have virgin broadband and was offered the TV but the packages are far too expensive.

I don't mind sports not being in HD. To be honest it's got to be better than unreliable streams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neonlight View Post
    if your streams slowing up refresh kodi set up. dish size in uk a 1 meter prety mush does it ,ive got azbox have a look in sat section see what useing lates soft cams
    Thanks.

And yesterday I was trying to watch the Arsenal and liverpool games and kept getting either "no stream available" or really choppy and unwatchable streams. I completley reinstalled my kodi and just got the same thing. I have a high speed fibre optic beoadband connection so I don't think it's my internet.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

TBH, the costs involved in setting up a sat system from scratch kinda rule out that system, cable is the best option but I'm not to versed on how to setup a cable system so can't help on that.

However, as you familiar with kodi I would defo give it some serious consideration, especially if you have a fast internet, I'll send you a PM to help you with your research.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

europen sat system is the way forward plenty out there cheap now,long as you no how to program ***** ,eg old echostars good for moving big dish if hd requierd there still quit ouch
    tm9100 was a good one an runs ******* only sd
    Last edited by Johnner; 28th August, 2016 at 07:31 PM.

Dufner
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,457 Posts

europen sat system is the way forward plenty out there cheap now,long as you no how to program ***** ,eg old echostars good for moving big dish if hd requierd there still quit ouch
    tm9100 was a good one an runs ******* only sd
    Mate...enough with the cam talk please !

Thank you...
    Aaahh ! I love the smell of Eeprom in the morning...

" We'll come in low out of the rising sun, and about a mile out, we'll put on the music . . . "

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnner For This Useful Post:

digicon (29th August, 2016), DOUGALMCD (29th August, 2016), martin035 (29th August, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

europen sat system is the way forward plenty out there cheap now,long as you no how to program....... old echostars good for moving big dish if hd requierd
    I'm surprised that anyone is recommending a European sat system to a newbie TBH. I'm not sure that I would call installing a 80cm + dish, brackets and dish as being cheap, especially when you can get up and running using streaming with a cheap box or a laptop.