Register

Thread: Zgemma Star H2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Zgemma Star H2

Quick question guys I have some serious picture issues (pixelated,occasional audio drop off) anyone know of a fix. ? I know most times the fix is get a new *****. I have only been using the one I have for just under 3 months. Thing that baffles me is I have tried a lot of things myself ( original set up was TP-LINK plug directly behind where box is sitting but I found out that was not an original socket to the room so I bought longer Ethernet cable moved connection to original socket all was good for a couple of weeks then issues again moved my super hub from upstairs so it was next to box.) Again issue was solved came back from holiday at the weekend Sunday all good.Since last night the issue now returns) the guy I got the box set up by assured me after last issue that there were no issues at the suppliers end. Thing is it managed to fix itself by start of next day. These ***** how does that work I know you use filezilla to access box but do I need to remove existing *****and replace with ***** or do I just put ***** in same place. Downside is I don't know where my ***** comes from. I have spent the last hour trying various things I have reboot box then reboot Superhub also changed all cable (ethernet,HDMI) I even checked Vermins free to air channels and they are the exact same (pixelated and broken up) TBH I am getting to the point it is about to get kicked to the kerb.

I am running Zgemma Star H2 / Vix / on Vermin

TIA for any help given
    Cheers
    Last edited by Johnner; 31st August, 2016 at 06:54 PM.

Dufner
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,458 Posts

C'mon mate...you're 4 years here...and still not read these ? Forum Rules

Aaahh ! I love the smell of Eeprom in the morning...

" We'll come in low out of the rising sun, and about a mile out, we'll put on the music . . . "

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnner For This Useful Post:

digicon (2nd September, 2016), DOUGALMCD (1st September, 2016), martin035 (31st August, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

m8 as johnner said. but if I was you I would be looking at a signal fault rather than the other thing, check your splitters and make sure your cables are of good quality.................c

A LITTLE THANX GOES A LONG WAY

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chris31560 For This Useful Post:

Hadron (5th September, 2016)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

yep agreed people want and buy cheap and now see what happens,crappy cheap cables or wrong splitter in use 5-1000mhz will have an affect on box performance.
    also been on end of the cab might have lower signal,finally correct net ids is important.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Agree with chris31560. It looks like a signal issue. If your FTA channels are behaving in exactly the same way as the paid channels, then it can't be anything to do with your internet connection, as this isn't needed for FTA reception.

It looks like your signal level may be borderline, sometimes working sometimes not. Keep all your signal leads as short as possible to reduce attenuation. Is your splitter a 2,3, or 4 way type?