Register
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Mpps v18 does not work with Fiat Bosch M7.6.3 (make virgin). It only looks like does some work but really , does nothing. After programming success !!! immo status not changed and still "wait for security code". I bought it on ebay, a piece of bull shit made from second hand Chinese socks .
    Last edited by thorino; 4th September, 2020 at 08:15 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    642 Posts

what mpps are you use? with china clone v21(after a few rounds later dead...) i could t read 6f3 flash..... very bad tool

i get a eu clone and works great...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Panathaole For This Useful Post:

Doell60 (26th September, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I use china clone, now looking at eu clone &) i heard that Fiat M7.6.3 readable only by K-Line , and hardly to figure, how mpps read/write its eeprom by CAN bus.
    Last edited by thorino; 6th September, 2020 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Same "application exception error". Win10, have tested with other computers win7 and win10 and it work, but why not in this computer?
    MPPS folder not need to be c:\, not need launch from shortcut, not need launch as admin, all these advices are bullshit, because it works without these my other computers.
    Of course I have tested these on this computer without success. I have lot of applications in this computer and everything else works, also NET framework should work.
    I hope somebody really know what these error mean. I know windows reinstall probably fix this, but I don't want use days to reinstalling all. If you have some other idea please tell, thanks.
    Last edited by walopower; 18th November, 2020 at 09:57 PM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Opened mine v18 today, should i place missing parts? D1 and U8? Cause now it's working very good on EDC15/16. Found D1 but dont know if it good to go. Add pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

just bricked edc16c32 smart with v18, erased flash and then no response from ecu, fixed with bdm, in obd area only FF FF ..

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twchnodictator View Post
    Hello mates,

I'm looking for MPPS V18. There are only 2 variants for the moment ORIGINAL and EURO CLONE.
    Clone you can buy for 500EU and ORI for 2500EU.
    What can you say about them? Someone use it?
    Maybe this tool is crap?
    Thanks for comments

I have EU CLONE, v18 which it works perfect, never have had any problem until now

just beware on CHECKSUMS sometime it doesn't calculate checksums correctly!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skzmaps For This Useful Post:

Doell60 (26th September, 2021), MorseHan (6th February, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can someone check what is the value of the C22 element, I have the L1 designation, I have the pcb 2016 version
    Attached Images Attached Images

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    642 Posts

Hi guys....

Anyone had read a marelli 8f3 from suzuki with mpps v18???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I've bought v18 from China, I was curious if I could full read/write a renault S3000 ECU with it. I got a bit surprised that they come with the same PCB as v21, but the flash reads 1.08.21 so I suppose it's a proper v18...? I just hope it doesn't lock up eventually.

mpps.jpg

Anyway, I were unable to do a full read of S3000 flash. It almost does it - the 512kB file is almost complete, except for first 32kB from 0 to 0x7FFF which it reads as filled with FFs which is obviously not correct. Is it a chinese clone problem, or is it just MPPS limitation?
    Now I'm curious if same problem applies to writing a flash file. I have a proper flash file someone else read with ktag or something similar, I also have a partially damaged (case and connector) ECU that wouldn't be a shame if it got bricked in the process, so when I have a little free time (it's not easy or quick to get to the ECU in Scenic II ) I will try to do a full write with it.

It's also worth noting, that S3000 only works in the car, it won't read on the bench. I believe it's because of immo lock, as it stops on Security access and then throws a "Conditions not met" error. Not even virginized ECU works on bench.

I'm a little bit disappointed that it couldn't fully read it, but then again I could probably find this information with a bit more research. But at least it's a cheap tool, and I might find some use for it eventually. On the other hand, most of the cars it supports are rather aged and won't be driving on the roads that long...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Experimented with writing to the mentioned ECU, and unfortunately it's a no-go. MPPS v18 doesn't even try to do a full write to the S3000 and just writes the Data part - car wasn't driven that day and was cold so temperature's not a problem. The firmware ended up being a frankenstein's monster with most of it being from 1.4 and the data part from 1.6. It throws nonsensical errors and doesn't start anymore. There's still normal communication with it though, so I'm sure it can be easily recovered with a proper tool, but I'm not gonna bother.

Edit: I didn't immediately think of it, but I should be able to recover it by flashing the original 1.4 data section which I read before trying to flash the ECU with 1.6 firmware. That's for another day, I guess.
    Last edited by ProximaCentauri; 14th September, 2022 at 07:58 AM.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950