UK and Egypt television help.
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default UK and Egypt television help.

My neighbour spends 7 months per year in the UK and the rest of the time in Egypt, his Sky subscription ran out and hasn't renewed it as he's paying for 5 months a year when he's not here, he's spoken about getting a satellite system and I suggested a Technomate box and possibly using it in both countries, is this possible? He has a 2 metre motorised dish in Cairo, so he can swing it round to pick up any satellite he wants, the electric voltage is the same as the UK. He cannot get any British channels at all or anything UK based, the only thing he can get, is the BBC world service.
    Can anyone enlighten me in any way on this please?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

If you're not picking up the free to air channels on 28.2e then your dish is to small, from reading other threads it is possible to pick up 28.2e from Egypt if you have a large dish 2-3 m apparently.

It is all depends on what he wants to view, if it's sports then there's loads of live sports on other satellites in HD with the option to change language to suit.

The other option is perhaps an IPTV subscription via an android box if your neighbour has a decent broadband speed, not sure how broadband IPTV works in Egypt they might need an VPN server for it to work.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin035 For This Useful Post:

DOUGALMCD (19th September, 2016), kernel gadaffi (18th September, 2016)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

with the Technomate receiver if its one of the latest models such as the F3/5 or 5402HD M3 he has 2 choices he can either swing his dish to 27.5? west and watch most of the UK freeview channels, or stick a free .m3u IPTV list on the box and use the IPTV feature of the box

5. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

DOUGALMCD (19th September, 2016)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I can only just about get the UK channels from 27.5W on a 1.2m dish and I'm in Italy so you have no chance at all of getting them in Egypt.With regard to 28.2E,there are reports from Cyprus that 4.2m dishes cannot receive the UK Freeview channels.Although there are some reports of a 2.4m dish picking some of the european beam transponders.Best bet is,as mentioned above,some sort of internet option.Good luck.Cheers
    Last edited by markwi; 20th September, 2016 at 09:17 AM.