Thread: Satellite Feeds

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saj1985 View Post
    to be honest mate, i just post what i find on the net,
    the credit goes to the original feed hunters for finding the feeds in the first place
    i just post them, so people can benefit from them!

by the way im thinking about buy a tbs dvb-s2 card, to find them myself!

Hi Saj,

You dont really need the TBS card for feed hunting a 5402 is just as good, the reason why the boys go for the TBS cards is that it does 16 and 32 apsk and as present no receiver available today can do that. Most feeds are standard anyway.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    Hi Saj,

You dont really need the TBS card for feed hunting a 5402 is just as good, the reason why the boys go for the TBS cards is that it does 16 and 32 apsk and as present no receiver available today can do that. Most feeds are standard anyway.

Regards
    hey ged, do you know if the 5402 can handle 422 transmission feeds?
    Dreambox 800hd se/Dreambox 500s, 90cm Solid Dish, Tm2600 Motor, TM-1 Gold LNB!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

hey ged, do you know if the 5402 can handle 422 transmission feeds?

Thats one thing it cannot do everything else its pretty good at, you would need either a TBS card for 4:2:2 or a Linux reciever

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Thats one thing it cannot do everything else its pretty good at, you would need either a TBS card for 4:2:2 or a Linux reciever

Regards
    yea i had a feeling it wouldnt,
    mind you i've heard its got a really sensitive tuner!

apart from the tbs6925,
    is there any other options when it comes to dvb-s2 card for blind scanning 422 etc?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

yea i had a feeling it wouldnt,
    mind you i've heard its got a really sensitive tuner!

apart from the tbs6925,
    is there any other options when it comes to dvb-s2 card for blind scanning 422 etc?

The only other one box solution is the AZbox these can handle the 4:2:2 transmission standard but they are not as well supported as they used to be, The best bet would be the TBS card as it covers all bases.

As you know its not cheap circa ?179 just for the card a TM 5402 is around ?129 in some places but you miss out on the 4:2: feeds, Thats why my DrHD and Solo2 are in the same room i use the Dr for the Standard Feeds and if it needs 4:2:2 i swap to the Solo2 which then feeds into my HTPC which is directly above it.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

The only other one box solution is the AZbox these can handle the 4:2:2 transmission standard but they are not as well supported as they used to be, The best bet would be the TBS card as it covers all bases.

As you know its not cheap circa ?179 just for the card a TM 5402 is around ?129 in some places but you miss out on the 4:2: feeds, Thats why my DrHD and Solo2 are in the same room i use the Dr for the Standard Feeds and if it needs 4:2:2 i swap to the Solo2 which then feeds into my HTPC which is directly above it.

Regards
    you see ged the only thing thats holding me back from getting the tbs6925 is the price tag,
    i also want a sort of htpc media player in my living room,
    i just use my dm800se as my media player at the moment because it plays mkv/flv dts everything basically,
    my western digital player has messed up so no longer works !

so my dilemma is that if i want the tbs card, i also want to get a pc, ideally a quad core because the minimum requirement for a dvb-s2 is dual core, but it doesnt exactly say what type of dual core,
    so i need to pay over between ?100 to ?200 just for the pc then the tbs card on top,
    so its all going to add up,
    hence why im in two minds
    you see where im coming from bud?

by the way is the 5402 a hd box?
    Last edited by saj1985; 25th February, 2013 at 05:29 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Yes the 5402 is HD to be perfectly honest if it is only the occasional feed that is in 4:2:2 then i cannot see the extra benefit of the TBS card although it is quite possible one day you may want to watch that said feed.

In around 2 years i have only caught 1 4:2:2 feed that i wanted to watch and it was a footy match everything else has been in standard Pal so i have never had a problem, Of course though not everyone is the same.

Take the HTPC the one i built which is around 4 years old and still plays everything i need cost me around ?700 at the time but i did not skimp on anything i changed all the M/B coolers over for top spec items and literally made the whole thing silent, The last item i bought was the GTX 460 which was around ?160 at the time and i only needed this for the release of 3D Blu Ray.

Like i said it does come into its own for the satellite side of things if i need to watch a 4:2:2 feed

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Yes the 5402 is HD to be perfectly honest if it is only the occasional feed that is in 4:2:2 then i cannot see the extra benefit of the TBS card although it is quite possible one day you may want to watch that said feed.

In around 2 years i have only caught 1 4:2:2 feed that i wanted to watch and it was a footy match everything else has been in standard Pal so i have never had a problem, Of course though not everyone is the same.

Take the HTPC the one i built which is around 4 years old and still plays everything i need cost me around ?700 at the time but i did not skimp on anything i changed all the M/B coolers over for top spec items and literally made the whole thing silent, The last item i bought was the GTX 460 which was around ?160 at the time and i only needed this for the release of 3D Blu Ray.

Like i said it does come into its own for the satellite side of things if i need to watch a 4:2:2 feed

Regards
    i can also use my dm800se like how you use your solo2,
    you know when you stream it through to view the 422 feeds,
    so thats not really a problem, and you are right, theres not a lot of 422 feeds to be honest!

how sensitive is the 5402 compared to the dvb-s2 cards, any idea?

what sort of options does it give you when doing a blind scan?
    you know of any videos showing the tm5402 in action?
    you know doing a blind scan!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

the tm5402hd is not bad when blind scanning but there are better.. you can get a AZ box premium+ HD combo (clone)for about ?130 or the premium(with no blind scan) for about ?100 that will display 4.2.2 feeds. as for a shortage of 4.2.2 there are a wealth of them everyday on 7east and 24.5w/27.5w as BBC,ITN and RTE tend to use 4.2.2 90% of the time. although the software support for the AZ box isnt as good as it could be if used for feedhunting it will do fine as long as its not loaded with loads of plugins and cam emulators. really depends on what you want the box for,regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Unless you can find something on youtube i dont really know of any sorry, all i will say is My DRHD Grand Triple along with the Blade and TM5402 are all made in the same factory so internals are identical on the 5402 and the Blade so they should perform as well as each other.

As an example i can tune down to some Radio station frequency SR's of as low as 333 on my DrHD even some of the well known sat receivers cant go that far down so i would assume the 5402 can as well.

But let us not forget the other end of the system also plays a big part Dish,LNB,Cable etc..

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
    the tm5402hd is not bad when blind scanning but there are better.. you can get a AZ box premium+ HD combo (clone)for about ?130 or the premium(with no blind scan) for about ?100 that will display 4.2.2 feeds. as for a shortage of 4.2.2 there are a wealth of them everyday on 7east and 24.5w/27.5w as BBC,ITN and RTE tend to use 4.2.2 90% of the time. although the software support for the AZ box isnt as good as it could be if used for feedhunting it will do fine as long as its not loaded with loads of plugins and cam emulators. really depends on what you want the box for,regards mdt
    to be honest id love to find feeds,
    but if i can get other benefits as well whether it be from a STB or a dvb-s2 card, that will also be a bonus!

Unless you can find something on youtube i dont really know of any sorry, all i will say is My DRHD Grand Triple along with the Blade and TM5402 are all made in the same factory so internals are identical on the 5402 and the Blade so they should perform as well as each other.

As an example i can tune down to some Radio station frequency SR's of as low as 333 on my DrHD even some of the well known sat receivers cant go that far down so i would assume the 5402 can as well.

But let us not forget the other end of the system also plays a big part Dish,LNB,Cable etc..

Regards
    is the 5402 the best blind scanning technomate?

how about the blind scanning on the dr hd box that you two have?
    is that better then the 5402 when it comes to blind scanning?

i'll search online to see if i can find a video on the 5402 in action...

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

is the 5402 the best blind scanning technomate?

how about the blind scanning on the dr hd box that you two have?
    is that better then the 5402 when it comes to blind scanning?

i'll search online to see if i can find a video on the 5402 in action...

Hi Saj

As i said previously the DrHD and 5402 and Blade all share the same components as they all come from the same factory, DrHD only has support in russian but i get by no problem the 5402 has far more support than the other 2.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Hi Saj

As i said previously the DrHD and 5402 and Blade all share the same components as they all come from the same factory, DrHD only has support in russian but i get by no problem the 5402 has far more support than the other 2.

Regards
    sorry bud must have just missed that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

hey peeps!

WWE Monday Night Raw Live
    7E - 11131 V 13500 FEC: 5/6

Tagged as GCUK Enc 9

Enjoy!

Last edited by saj1985; 26th February, 2013 at 02:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

hey peeps!

Lorient v Stade Brestois
    Coupe De France (French Cup)
    7E 12567 H 9874 FEC: 3/4 8PSK DVB-S2 HD

Tagged as VS6

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images