2010 Nissan Titan MCU eeprom - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Btw in still kinda new to this that's what all the questions are about just want to make sure not to fry or corrupt EPROMs etc

Dufner
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,457 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ascrap2003 View Post
    Should I take that as you don't know or what? I don't like wasting time going back in forth if that's the case I should just start telling all my customers I think I can do it then if I fry a board I could just give it back to them with a grin and a oops!
    I can absolutely guarantee you...this guy knows his s**t....please don't question him !

Seems like everytime I ask a question in a forum I always get the same response and no help well most of the time anyway.
    That's because you've been given all the right pointers to solve your problem...you're just not listening to people

What does lazy have to do with customers? Should I tell the customer to bring a blanket and tent and wait till I go back and forth with you guys? Because they sure ain't going to leave a cluster with me for a 2-3 days settle down guys a little kindness goes a long way
    Lazy has nothing to do with customers...it has everything to do with YOU....There's tons of data here pertaining to all kinds of vehicles and dashes...If you haven't read up on everything you need to read up on,and a customer comes to you looking for a quick fix...that's your problem...not ours...we're not a business support service...end of !

So far you've given no feedback to anyone,as to what you've ACTUALLY done to help yourself ! Help yourself,so others can help you also...

It makes for a smoother ride all round
    Aaahh ! I love the smell of Eeprom in the morning...

" We'll come in low out of the rising sun, and about a mile out, we'll put on the music . . . "

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnner For This Useful Post:

dashradio (2nd October, 2016), neospeedo (1st October, 2016), XmoDDeR (29th March, 2017)

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

What does lazy have to do with customers? Should I tell the customer to bring a blanket and tent and wait till I go back and forth with you guys? Because they sure ain't going to leave a cluster with me for a 2-3 days settle down guys a little kindness goes a long way
    why have cluster for 2-3 days, 20 mins job, open cluster see what MCU or eeprom, and give back to customer. if you can do it read and post dump, and we can help you, if you don't cant, take good pictures and ask forum or tell customer you cant do the job, in this game you have to do 99% reading and 1% hoping its not going to ~~~~ up,

im sure by now customer is gone,
    what i recommend,
    go scrap yard, ebay and buy new car module, clusters, speedometers, immo, ecu, and practice with that

download files from forum and compare all files to get good, ask what how to calculate. we are here to help,

just ask the correct question.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to henal For This Useful Post:

ascrap2003 (8th January, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by henal View Post
    why have cluster for 2-3 days, 20 mins job, open cluster see what MCU or eeprom, and give back to customer. if you can do it read and post dump, and we can help you, if you don't cant, take good pictures and ask forum or tell customer you cant do the job, in this game you have to do 99% reading and 1% hoping its not going to ~~~~ up,

what i recommend,
    go scrap yard, ebay and buy new car module, clusters, speedometers, immo, ecu, and practice with that

download files from forum and compare all files to get good, ask what how to calculate. we are here to help,

Now see there is a proper response of a man its the men that separate the little boys.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

you know I feel for you guys I understand nobody likes noobs or other guys cutting into bizz but no matter what just like every bizz before and forever more where a few gather a lot more come along if you like it or not so might as well pick your friends Im a nice guy, that way you can weed out all the assholes that don't belong in this business or anyother. BTW I have a 4th grade education sorry if it bothers people that a dumb wit like me is trying to keep up with the best I guess I'm ambitious.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by henal View Post

what i recommend,

scrap yard? Your a genius.....or maybe im just slow to boot up like a old pc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Brain.exe has the stuff for this car mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Per my recollection, you should have an MCU that is the same as the Xterra or Armada. In any case, your exact answer is already on the forum. Depending on the processor in your cluster, there is a soldering option and a touch pin option for most Nissans. As for the Titans, you'll probably have to unbolt the shift lever to get clearance for the cluster removal. I don't think you have to remove it completely, just halfway.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to morrisgauge For This Useful Post:

ascrap2003 (10th January, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

For the record, all 2008-2016 Titans are the same EXCEPT for the Diesels in 2016 switch over to the new Body Style in the US. They'll all use 9S12. I recommend making a push-pin jig so you don't have to solder on to the units. Makes it ever so slightly quicker and more convenient.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dllas View Post
    For the record, all 2008-2016 Titans are the same EXCEPT for the Diesels in 2016 switch over to the new Body Style in the US. They'll all use 9S12. I recommend making a push-pin jig so you don't have to solder on to the units. Makes it ever so slightly quicker and more convenient.
    If that's the case I have 2 bdm connectors I just thought it was something that was limited to Ford and I'm not crazy about soldering because I'm still learning.

I had a 2001 GM truck for instance if you are familiar with those they are super simple but I kept screwing up, couldn't get the solder to stick to the points I don't know if the solder tip had some to do with it but I later realized that I needed flux to help. Im so stupid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12