Register
Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,207 Posts

I don't take personally, I know your a top auto locksmith in your area and many look up to you for guidance. I have a full plate on the table with my locksmith business on top with all these testing. Then to find out that some tablet are not getting updates regularly get my fire going. I'm plan on going to china to see the production and over see the "IT" guys.

Chrysler, dodge pcm vin rewrite and same for fobic.
    honda sync immo to pcm
    ford ,quick reset ,also parameter reset and door code.
    mazda , quick reset, also parameter reset

Eeprom all my dumps are added.
    there 3 option in the eeprom section.
    1.read/save date/write
    2.read/save data/calculator (to use instead flashing) read dumps and display the key in the dump. Or you can read your key and write to the calculator it will add your key to the dump. Ie(2003-07 Sequoia no 30min wait ready to start) I share these info here on the forum 6 month ago.
    3.read/save data/flash

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ray-ray For This Useful Post:

Automat (1st June, 2017), phuckyall (29th May, 2017), ps80l (29th May, 2017), sleepyrz (15th June, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I give technical support to many shops throughout the US, one in Mexico and one in Ecuador. I deal with several programmers and see what are the biggest issues with the techs. Here are things that will make PS80L excel...

1) Clean up interface, menu. Extremely annoying going back and forth to accomplish a task. If this doesn't work, try this, or this, or this...This is an issue with many Chinese programmers.

2) Focus on what's really in the market... Great to have newest models BUT the chances of getting a call for a new model are slim. Why waste so much time tweaking for a 2017 when you have a bunch of problems with an 2007 for example. Fix the years are more likely to get calls for. 90% of my jobs are vehicles 05 to about 13. I want to be 100% confident that when I show up to a job, machine can take care of it.

3) build a forum that is only accesible via the tablet and only authorized PS80L owners can access. Break it down to make, models, years...etc... People can post questions and other can assist. Not having to keep calling technical support.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ps80l For This Useful Post:

hawklock (30th May, 2017), lock-key (16th April, 2018)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,207 Posts

Good points, thank you
    by the way I have been to quinto Eduardo and wake the line (the earth bellbutton) I love that place,but hate there driving. I was there when they have there religious wake 40 mile with food vendor all day thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think this is great advice. I am very interested in the PS80L/AutoProPad and this is exactly where I am at. I need a good, affordable, reliable unit that will perform for cars in that time frame. I am in a rural market and automotive doesn't come as fast and furious as in the city. It is hard to specialize in one area. It is also hard to know where to spend your money on tools and equipment, especially in an ever changing market. It is going to be rare for me to get a call on a car that is a couple of years old, or less. I think that this idea has huge potential, and I would love to get in and help test and support, but I've been burned enough times that I am leery. From a developer's point of view, this has to be a difficult decision. Do I put together a tool that will work on a large majority of the cars, or do I cover the handful of "problem child" cars that are coming out that have few economical solutions. I see it from both sides, and I understand that these are difficult decisions to wrestle with on both the developer and technician sides of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by ps80l View Post
    I give technical support to many shops throughout the US, one in Mexico and one in Ecuador. I deal with several programmers and see what are the biggest issues with the techs. Here are things that will make PS80L excel...

1) Clean up interface, menu. Extremely annoying going back and forth to accomplish a task. If this doesn't work, try this, or this, or this...This is an issue with many Chinese programmers.

2) Focus on what's really in the market... Great to have newest models BUT the chances of getting a call for a new model are slim. Why waste so much time tweaking for a 2017 when you have a bunch of problems with an 2007 for example. Fix the years are more likely to get calls for. 90% of my jobs are vehicles 05 to about 13. I want to be 100% confident that when I show up to a job, machine can take care of it.

3) build a forum that is only accesible via the tablet and only authorized PS80L owners can access. Break it down to make, models, years...etc... People can post questions and other can assist. Not having to keep calling technical support.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawklock For This Useful Post:

Automat (1st June, 2017), ps80l (30th May, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Hawklock...I believe it's a pride thing with the developers. A race to see who can do the latest models. Also a selling point as some people believe the fancier cars it can do, the better the tool is overall. A huge chunk of my jobs are GM. This tool is hands down the worst GM programmer I have ever seen. Probably just a small bug that is ruining the GM system. Seems like they have put little to no effort to find the issue.
    When I lived in northern california, 90% of my jobs were japanese cars. Here in Texas I say 90% is American...GM, Ford, Chrysler...

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ps80l For This Useful Post:

hawklock (30th May, 2017), lioncam (30th May, 2017), lock-key (16th April, 2018), phuckyall (31st May, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

2012 chrysler 300
    Proximity Key Programming =Success

2008 dodge charger
    Read Pin = Failed
    Manual program using Can Type 1 = success

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vela727 For This Useful Post:

Automat (1st June, 2017), camelgd (1st June, 2017), lioncam (1st June, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Last edited by lioncam; 1st June, 2017 at 03:35 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lioncam For This Useful Post:

ps80l (1st June, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lioncam View Post
    I agree. .......

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts

2004 Dodge Durango, add one key under manual can 1, also programmed remote head separately, with Blue Rocket Chrysler #1A rhk. I have had problems with Durango before, this went smoothly.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to camelgd For This Useful Post:

Automat (8th June, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camelgd View Post
    2004 Dodge Durango, add one key under manual can 1, also programmed remote head separately, with Blue Rocket Chrysler #1A rhk. I have had problems with Durango before, this went smoothly.
    ??? Programmed under can1 and then you did remote separately? Make no sense to me. Isn't it the only time you program the remote seperately is when the vehicle is not immo equipped??

These cars you always try to crank without the remote board inside to see if it will work. Most likely you thought can1 had programmed something but in reality it didn't

How did you end up programming the remote? OBP or with the tablet?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,207 Posts

Relax!! The Dodge Durango came equip with two system both with same key. But if you open you can see the difference 1.was remote only the transponder coil is missing. (I use to buy these in the begin and change them to transponder/remote). Remote are added separate, the transponder for Durango was very expensive those days.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ray-ray For This Useful Post:

Automat (8th June, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,207 Posts

I'm in Hawaii talk to Cary about some idea on the tool. When get back I start making changes that you will be impressed with.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Relax? I haven't done one of these in years. Just trying to get correct info. The transponder based car programs remote automatically...yes or no? The few I have done I did a long time ago and I remember just programming remote portion.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Can up yes program at same time transponder

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,207 Posts

Relaxing =Hawaii
    but I see your paying attention. I was thinking on snooping or data logging tech 2 with Saab card. Would like to virginize twice and cim and be able to program them in with the same tool. More ideas to share.