Dash Audi A8 4E0920931 Flashing failed
Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Dash Audi A8 4E0920931 Flashing failed

Hello M8's maybe some one here knows, Tried to flash the dash of an Audi A8, but flashing failed and got now Component protection active.
    Tried to match the Dash again with AVDI, reading of the Gateway ( 4E0907468 / 4E0910468 same as 4F0907468 / 4F0910468 ) data succeded but when i got to adapt the dash i got the message "Failed - dash is probably from a different car" but i am 100% sure it is of the same car.

after some investion i noticed that the eeprom data on the dash was corrupted, but before i started the flashing i have done a read on the config data with AVDI, i have tried to write it back on the 93C86 with UPA in the noremal 93C86 settings, Writing succeded but when i read again to check the write i get totally corrupted data.
    writing only works when i write in the 93C86 x16 setting, when i read again the data is the same. But is this the correct setting? and why won't it work in the normal 93C86 setting?

Second thing i noticed is, i opened the Gateway to check the Eeprom data in there, i did a read of the the 95160 that is inside and the whole file is filled with zero's (00 00 00..), shouldn't there be data stored??? the read was 100% correct, tried some other 95320 and all correct data. just to be sure that everything was working as it should.
    I placed the eeprom back in the gateway and put back in the car. the whole gateway was working (correct). could see the part ID and do faultcode reading.
    But does anybody know if this 95160 should be empty or not? or could it be that the eeprom data is stored in the NEC 70F3157A?

Because if the 95160 shouln't be empty, it expains why flashing 2 out of 3 units failed,
    - 2 engine ecu's - Succeeded (ME9.1 master and slave of W12 engine)
    - (34) Level Control - Failed, restored the unit by writing the eeprom's data of an other same unit back on to it.(2x 9S12DG128 inside)
    - Dash - Failed and still strugling to get restored. ( next try is to swap data on the AVDI read before putting the data back on the 93C86)

If you have answers to my questions, please reply on this. It would make some things clear to me.

Thanks and Grtz.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to snatchme For This Useful Post:

lagas (9th October, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Try flashing the dash once again, maybe it will restore it to working condition. Also I don't think the eeprom should be empty.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    279 Posts

Maybe you flashed this dash with wrong sw file ??