Internet providers
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Internet providers

Hi has any one had any.problems with certain interner provider's? My options are BT, SKY, TALK TALK, PLUSNET.

Unsure who to get. The biggest speed is BT 75mgps
    SKY i can get 38 or 17mgps.

Wondering if people have had problems with certain providers or slower speeds

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Hi,
    I got transferred from O2 (stopped doing broadband ) to SKy. Just because I never got round to doing something about choosing a new provider.

I got the obligatory Skys own router and my speed went up. I (always) had problems with crackly lines and net dropping out. Sky were easy to get hold of and sorted out the line.
    BT, who I pay line rental to, were a pain. Not impossible , just hard work. Read me the riot act about " if your equipment is to blaim you will get a bill etc"

The BT offers say its only a 12 month contract. I am thinking, after 12 months the price will go high, so not sure about BT. I think if there are no problems BT service is best, its just when you get a problem.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

PLUSNET 100%
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Bt have been very poor for me lots of problems very poor backup i am told plusnet is a lot more reliable and good customer service

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I was with sky, but my speeds kept dropping and was sick of paying ?65+ a month for basic sky multiroom and standard broadband.

So went with talktalk fibre and got me a Openbox.... You know the rest.

Admittedly have had problems but always been sorted and given a discount. Renewed my contract and get 38mb unlimited fibre and anytime calls including line rental all in for ?25pm.

Have heard good things about plusnet as mentioned above, but no one can beat the price I pay with talktalk, so not moving atm.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dunno87 View Post
    So went with talktalk fibre and got me a Openbox.... You know the rest.
    Talktalk fibre for me to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

SSE 38mb fibre unlimited, line rental and calls (including mobile) ?22.50 pm, oh and no adult filter by default :-)