v8s wont boot
Register

Thread: v8s wont boot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default v8s wont boot

hi guys ! im having a problem booting up my v8s open box ? ive flashed it using the erom upgrade tool but when I try loading the box up it only loads to 93 then displays E001 and theres nothing on the screen , has anyone else come across this problem and found a solution ? any help is appreciated guys thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes, It took me a few attempts when in that situation recently, you need the correct firmware for your box. there is lots of v8s firmware out there, you need the correct one. This firmware recently worked for me using the rs232 I'd bought on ebay. My cable was not USB adapted.

Anyway heres a link to firmware that worked for me.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...rmware-for-v8s

Let us know how you got on :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've got same problem, re-flashed v8s using RS232 cable n now loads up to 0093 then gets E001, tried lots of different firmwares n just says downloading but nothing actually happening. I'm at a loss, been at this now for hours n trying the zip file in previous post but getting nowhere fast. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you