Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

hello
    friend says you bought ECU. which ECU has been replaced in the car? airbag or motor? because you say that your car works NOW. it is used?
    send me VIN, i will check part number and ACU

DK Veteran
    USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Unknown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts

He says he has launch. That can do it.

But he would be even MORE lucky if the dealer would give him the code. I advised him to take it to the dealer and have them code it......

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    832 Posts

Well like he said..its OEM module so if it was never changed...why would it need to be program? Unusual code for a Original module that belongs to the car

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FxShaw For This Useful Post:

repairmymodule (14th October, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by credoline View Post
    Yes, you can program only one time. BUT !!! If you read eeprom from airbag module before programming, you can after programing write back original virgin file and program again. And so many times.
    Thanks, I need to use a special interface to read that EEPROM type, do you know what kind of epprom this have?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by servicetecnocar View Post
    hello
    friend says you bought ECU. which ECU has been replaced in the car? airbag or motor? because you say that your car works NOW. it is used?
    send me VIN, i will check part number and ACU
    Hi, The ECU was replaced, I replaced driver side airbag (steering), front crash sensors, seat belts. My VIN: KMHSH81BDBU687187. Thanks a lot!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Its very much possible that you are connect some element what your car have not before you start to repair. Understand ? Try to disconnect something and check what happen. Or maybe some sensor is not appropriate for your car, different number. In VAG vehicle that i have before. If crash sensor is not just right for my car - problems. Better check are you buy good compenents for your car, specially crash sensors !!!

Hi, last weeked I disconnected front crash sensors and the fault was the same, I will try to disconnect the others parts and I'll inform you. Thanks!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Disconnect crash sensors and erase DTC-s and check what DTC-s will remain. Maybe DTC B1684 will disappear.

I did that, but the code B1684 don't disappear and appear front drive and passenger crash sensor disconnect. I think the problem it's other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi Everybody,

I will do a summary of my problem:

1- The ACU was not changed, it's the original. Was not stolen. I checked this number with the local dealer and it's correct for my VIN.
    2- Only taking in consideration the AIRBAG system, I only replaced Driver AIRBAG, front crash sensors, seat belts sensor.
    3- The only one code in this momment is B1684 - ACU Configuration is different.
    4- My VIN is KMHSH81BDbU687187 Santa Fe 2011
    5- The Number part of my ACU is 95910-2B080, the scanner show also other information like this ECU Coding Code CM51.
    6- The ECU was replaced, because was stolen. I read the ECU with my scanner and show me this part number is 95910-2B670 (Belong to ACU 06-09 Santa Fe CM), maybe this is the problem
    7- Last weekend I disconnected the front crash sensors, and the scanner show me the same code B1684 + Disconnect front crash sensors. So I think the problem it's other.

Thanks a lot for your multiples answers.
    Last edited by PatricioC; 20th October, 2016 at 03:30 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PatricioC For This Useful Post:

shtyrya2 (27th May, 2021)

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

yes friend, your problem is item 6 , ecu with diferent number for VIN original.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to servicetecnocar For This Useful Post:

shtyrya2 (27th May, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by servicetecnocar View Post
    yes friend, your problem is item 6 , ecu with diferent number for VIN original.
    Hi, my friend. Exactly as you said. Yesterday I did get the ECU part number for my VIN from Hyundai Local dealer. So after that I started to search it on Ebay and others web sites. Finally I bought other ECU with the correct Part number, I connected this in my vehicle and I solved the problem. I can not be more happy, a lot of months trying to fix the problem and the final solution was change the ECU with the correct.

I want say thanks to everybody for your help!!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PatricioC For This Useful Post:

morfej (16th January, 2017), shtyrya2 (27th May, 2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12