Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default B1684 ACU CONFIGURATION IS DIFFERENT - STOLE SANTA FE

Hi everybody

I hope than you can help me, some time ago my Hyundai Santa fe 2011 was stolen, after some days I did recover it, but the main problem was without some parts, including body parts, electronic parts, etc.

After almost 2 years my SUV is complete, I bought ECU, Front crash sensors, steering driver airbag, front body and others. Right now my car is working, but the airbag light on the dashboard is still ON. I have a LAUNCH scanner and I read the airbag module and this have a permanent fault (B1684 - ACU Configuration is different). The SRSCM or ACU (Airbag control unit) was not changed, it's the original, so I can't understant the main reason of my problem.

The number part of my SRSCM is 95910-2B080, I did check that with the local dealer, and the part number is the correct for my VIN number.

Some local technicial said me than I need change the SRSCM, but the price here in my country it's over 1300USD.

Could you help me in order to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Patricio

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    926 Posts

First you must tell us, from what country and city you are. And after we must find the guy from DK forum closest to you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to credoline For This Useful Post:

dragon100 (12th October, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Santiago, Chile, South America. BR

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    832 Posts

if the part # is the same and you are sure its the right module for the car, then it will need to be program to vehicle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FxShaw View Post
    if the part # is the same and you are sure its the right module for the car, then it will need to be program to vehicle.

I did read in someplace than the ACU only can be programmed one time. it's true that?, You mean perform a variant coding??

BR,

Patricio

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    832 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatricioC View Post
    I did read in someplace than the ACU only can be programmed one time. it's true that?, You mean perform a variant coding??

BR,

Patricio
    Dunno about that being able to program one time but yea variant coding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FxShaw View Post
    Dunno about that being able to program one time but yea variant coding.
    OK, I will do some questions to the local dealer and I'll inform you. Thanks a lot for your help.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    926 Posts

Yes, you can program only one time. BUT !!! If you read eeprom from airbag module before programming, you can after programing write back original virgin file and program again. And so many times.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    926 Posts

Its very much possible that you are connect some element what your car have not before you start to repair. Understand ? Try to disconnect something and check what happen. Or maybe some sensor is not appropriate for your car, different number. In VAG vehicle that i have before. If crash sensor is not just right for my car - problems. Better check are you buy good compenents for your car, specially crash sensors !!!

Quote Originally Posted by PatricioC View Post
    Hi everybody

I hope than you can help me, some time ago my Hyundai Santa fe 2011 was stolen, after some days I did recover it, but the main problem was without some parts, including body parts, electronic parts, etc.

After almost 2 years my SUV is complete, I bought ECU, Front crash sensors, steering driver airbag, front body and others. Right now my car is working, but the airbag light on the dashboard is still ON. I have a LAUNCH scanner and I read the airbag module and this have a permanent fault (B1684 - ACU Configuration is different). The SRSCM or ACU (Airbag control unit) was not changed, it's the original, so I can't understant the main reason of my problem.

The number part of my SRSCM is 95910-2B080, I did check that with the local dealer, and the part number is the correct for my VIN number.

Some local technicial said me than I need change the SRSCM, but the price here in my country it's over 1300USD.

Could you help me in order to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Patricio

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    926 Posts

Disconnect crash sensors and erase DTC-s and check what DTC-s will remain. Maybe DTC B1684 will disappear.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    832 Posts

I think he got a used module so dunno about that writing back virgin file back to module part.. I think you will need a code to program it.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    926 Posts

Patricio words:
    The SRSCM or ACU (Airbag control unit) was not changed, it's the original

14. The Following User Says Thank You to credoline For This Useful Post:

FxShaw (13th October, 2016)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    832 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by credoline View Post
    Patricio words:
    The SRSCM or ACU (Airbag control unit) was not changed, it's the original
    I missed that part... maybe they stole his original and put a different one back in it

DK Veteran
    USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Unknown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts

Variant coding is an alpha - numeric 4-digit code the ACU uses to determine specific equipment. To my understanding it is only required upon replacement with a brand new module. If used module was installed and this code present, means most likely incorrect part number.

It is a vin specific code and the dealer can retrieve ACU code from VIN. There is however a third party program available to do this, I cannot remember who makes it but I know the price is not worth it unless you do this type of thing quite frequently. Otherwise let the dealer do it

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to repairmymodule For This Useful Post:

borshch (1st September, 2021), FxShaw (13th October, 2016)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    287 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by repairmymodule View Post
    Variant coding is an alpha - numeric 4-digit code the ACU uses to determine specific equipment. To my understanding it is only required upon replacement with a brand new module. If used module was installed and this code present, means most likely incorrect part number.

It is a vin specific code and the dealer can retrieve ACU code from VIN. There is however a third party program available to do this, I cannot remember who makes it but I know the price is not worth it unless you do this type of thing quite frequently. Otherwise let the dealer do it
    And one important point, if he doesnt have the right tool to code the SRS to car, still be uselelss if he is lucky and get the code from local dealer!!
    A simple thanks would do, If it didn't work at least I tried.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Plcautoparts For This Useful Post:

FxShaw (14th October, 2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast