Will Vu SOlO 4K play 4k/H265 HVEC MKV files?
Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Will Vu SOlO 4K play 4k/H265 HVEC MKV files?

Hi,

I currently have a Vu SOlo2 and looking to get a a nvidia shield / android media player that suppors 4k/HDR etc. JUst crossed my mind there is a vu solo 4k, what excatly is the 4k benefit of this box aside of havig hdmi 2.0? Will it play Media files on my nas that are 4k MP4 or H265 HVEC 4K videos because otherwise I think it might be pointless.

DOes it decode Sly Q channels using a Sky card rather than a Sly Q box?

ANy advise will be appreciated.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

You wont get any Sky Q UHD channels even with an official card in the box it works the same as HD the cards are paired to official receivers, Also No HDR on Sky Q either and i am still awaiting VU+ to update the drivers for the Solo4K so that it allows the HDR mode as there are a couple of test broadcasts on 13/19 east in HDR.

I have not tried any HEVC 4K encoded files on the Solo4K as i have the Nvidia shield as well as the Amazon 4K TV, again HEVC 4K pointless as they cannot rip the HDR content from the disc itself.

Both the Shield and the Fire TV 4K playback HEVC 4K no problem

3. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

DOUGALMCD (10th November, 2016)