Trying to use Multisat on Zgemma 2s
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Trying to use Multisat on Zgemma 2s

Hi all,

I would really appreciate some help. After years of using a Spiderbox for multisat my 6000HD finally gave up. I messed around with an skybox f5 but knew it was never geared up for multisat. About 6 months ago I bought a Zgemma 2S and currently am running ATV with the sly skin solely on 28.2e. I have tried to mess about by setting up the tuner A to positioner multisats and then running a scan - initially even just 28.2e and 19.2e to test it out, but the dish does not seem to be moving when it is searching for channels on 19.2e. Or when I try running Autobuquetmaker scan, I get an error saying lock time out.

My motor is a technomate and I know it is working fine (tried only last week plugging in my Spiderbox and it was working fine going from sat to sat).

Has anybody any advice or ideas? they would be greatly appreciated. Does the Zgemma maybe not like USALS?

I don't know this box well so maybe I am doing something fundamentally wrong??

Thanks

Blueboy510

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

I have seen a couple of these now including the newer H series struggle with Motors, I believe its purely down to the receiver and power supply not giving enough juice to power both the motor and LNB, I have only on one occasion seen an older Zgemma H1 power a technomate with a black ultra LNB with zero problems.

Not the answer your looking for but change the type of LNB you use on the Motorised dish to a lower powered (Green) type, There are quite a few about but the most popular is the Technomate 0.2db (Blue Coloured) LNB this is a low power type and should at least get your dish moving

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have had this same problem, if you have a two tuner box, make sure your tuner configuration is set to use "second cable of motorized tuner #" where # is tuner A or B.