Tuner config and freq's ?
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Question Tuner config and freq's ?

On the DUO, if just using tuner "A" but may use tuner "B" at some point, how should the tuner configuration be set for such use, in other words I don't need or want it to watch and record different seprate channels at one time, just the single input cable from dish if you know what I mean ?, is that even possible, must be ?

Oh, and what are the full set of freQ's required to scan 28.2E or will auto scan know that ?

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Auto scan will do that

3. The Following User Says Thank You to khan For This Useful Post:

Saltire (23rd November, 2016)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

set tuner b to not configured if only using 1 sat feed,if you have autobouquetmaker on open vix set it up and run scan then use your bouquets to view your channels.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

Saltire (23rd November, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    set tuner b to not configured if only using 1 sat feed,if you have autobouquetmaker on open vix set it up and run scan then use your bouquets to view your channels.
    hi mate and thanks , I dont have vix, its open pli mate, so the same idea for those instructions, yeah ? no ?
    usually every time I done a new channel scan, I would do a scan, reboot the box or vice versa and then just click on the "all" channels list "red button".

Has that been wrong all these years man, please tell me no, LOL ?? (I dont mind skipping through A-Z of channels you see if it is showing all the channels, well the new scanned ones I mean which I am not sure about now that you said that, ).

meant to ask, I know that freesat channels all been down from the same sat's as normal sly channels (right) ? , do the main majority of the big named channels on freesat such and ITV and Channel 4 etc all beam down at a much strong and better quality signal so that even inferior boxes can pick them up no probs ???
    Last edited by Saltire; 23rd November, 2016 at 02:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saltire View Post
    hi mate and thanks , I dont have vix, its open pli mate, so the same idea for those instructions, yeah ? no ?
    usually every time I done a new channel scan, I would do a scan, reboot the box or vice versa and then just click on the "all" channels list "red button".

Has that been wrong all these years man, please tell me no, LOL ?? (I dont mind skipping through A-Z of channels you see if it is showing all the channels, well the new scanned ones I mean which I am not sure about now that you said that, ).

meant to ask, I know that freesat channels all been down from the same sat's as normal sly channels (right) ? , do the main majority of the big named channels on freesat such and ITV and Channel 4 etc all beam down at a much strong and better quality signal so that even inferior boxes can pick them up no probs ???
    Sorry, to add to the attached reply questions too, I still dont know what the tuner configuration should be set to if I wanted to actually use either tuner "A" or "B", as in like just plug into any of them, does anyone know what I mean and the answer please ?

Then, the other setting would be if I wanted to use both tuners and have one recording another channel and the other tuner showing a different channel, then what would the options have to be set to ?

The options that are there for both tuners are as follows >> Configuration Mode: - Simple, Loopthrough to, equal to, Advanced.

right now both tuners are set on "single" mode with "simple configuration mode", but I have no idea if I have them set correctly for what I am asking above

I can remember years ago I think asking the same questions (I think), but I cant remember the darn answers and maybe this is why I am not able to receive channels, soon as the options were set correctly, booom, it picked up channels.

@cactikid, I scanned again the way you said and looked in Fav's but its as if the favs in there have never changed since day one and thats using autobouquetmaker too, its just a handful of golden oldie channels that are in favs folder.

I have a strange strange feeling that for some crazy reason I am scanning the wrong frequency's although I don't remember touching anything for years now, I think channel 4 SD and Film 4 SD works and that's about it, and even at that they break up now and again, as I say, its as if I am not scanning the right frequency's or something but really honestly cant remember changing anything and its been set the same way for years now, it is possible that I accidentally clicked on a setting, anythings possible, I just dont remember doing nothing though apart from scanning and trying to configure those poxy tuners, LOL
    Last edited by Saltire; 23rd November, 2016 at 04:52 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Single simple and 28.2 two separate cables from lnb will let you watch channels while you record others or if you want to watch channels on computer through open webif while somebody watching tv downstairs. If you want to update channel lists do automatic scan and channels that don't work in your lists replace them with new channels from all channels list in most recent scan. Or you can download 28.2 list and load it to box with dreambox edit or suchlike.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DOUGALMCD For This Useful Post:

Saltire (24th November, 2016)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

anytime i reflash boxes i always do an automatic scan on 28.2 as that gives me my ALL list,when done i setup my abm to scan on roi sd [ my locality ] only and that gives me my new bouquets to view from.you will still get some hd channels working like bbc 1 and 2 .i would imagine your favourites are in blue as are vix so everything is group related,movies/sports/fta hd /etc.

dont think channel 4 and others break up as there non encrypted and might point to sat dish allignment or cable issues,i would expect you should be getting around 100% with snr and around 86% agc with signal finder .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

Saltire (24th November, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

box is f@cked man, guy was out and checked feeds on two monitor things and he said box is at fault as the dish and lnb are perfect etc, so I guess thats that, looks like zgemma time although I hate to even think about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

talking about those zgemma's, would I still be able to view the box from in the other part of the house that is connected to the same router with an ethernet cable or even wireless if i choose to ??

I could always do that no probs at all with the VU box, but if the zgemma doesnt allow for some weird reason then I wont be buying one of them, simples.

Also, if it turns out they are in fact not too bad, and do what I need like explained, I know we cant really talk about sales etc from certain people on the forum, but by all means, if anyone knows anyone trustworthy then please shout me by pm, cheers.

I would also very much like to get someone in to stick a motorised system up for me, so again, anyone knows anyone that is trustworthy in such work and charges a reasonable price whether I have to buy the parts or not then, please give me a shout about that too.

I am in Scotland by the way as most will know, South-ish Glasgow if that helps.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

You say box is knackered do any of the tuners work or do you think it's just configured wrong?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DOUGALMCD For This Useful Post:

Saltire (25th November, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGALMCD View Post
    You say box is knackered do any of the tuners work or do you think it's just configured wrong?
    both tuners acting the exact same way, very low bad signal, but on the other hand, the other freesat box shows signals are pretty much 10 out of 10.

I was actually thinking if it would be worthwhile getting the VU fully tested and repaired, but I have no idea where it should be took to for such repairs etc, I am in the south-ish area of Glasgow if anyone knows where to go or I should say take it.
    Last edited by Saltire; 25th November, 2016 at 04:36 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

c848 capacitor may or may not fix this issue for you. Replace it with same or higher value. If you can't find anyone to do it pm me but i'm working all weekend so i'll reply as soon as I can. hth

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DOUGALMCD For This Useful Post:

Saltire (25th November, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Thanks DougalMCD,

What if its the tuners that are ferkked or summit though ? is that hardly likely or if it was them would it be worthwhile replacing them I wonder ?

I just hate the thought of having to junk my (genuine original) VU Sat box and buying a pretty rubbish zgemma, so far I have heard the zgemma's are pretty much just cheap and nasty although they do work, , but yeah, its heart breaking giving up a great genuine VU if it can be repaired, price dependant though on the repairs, thats the thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saltire View Post
    Thanks DougalMCD,

What if its the tuners that are ferkked or summit though ? is that hardly likely or if it was them would it be worthwhile replacing them I wonder ?

I just hate the thought of having to junk my (genuine original) VU Sat box and buying a pretty rubbish zgemma, so far I have heard the zgemma's are pretty much just cheap and nasty although they do work, , but yeah, its heart breaking giving up a great genuine VU if it can be repaired, price dependant though on the repairs, thats the thing.

@DOUGALMCD, private message sent mate