Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
    Didn't you ask whether the council could put up a terrestrial aerial only, & leave the satellite side of things as they are, as mentioned earlier in the thread?
    No, but will be now, the only problem with that though is that they did agree to getting a contractor to fit a sat dish and terrestrial aerial to my property so that it would totally take me out of any future problems caused by the communal system in future.

But as soon as the contactor told me they were going to fit a junk 60cm mini dish and goodness knows what type of tv aerial, after that I said no thanks and canceled it and that was that.

So now, its looking like I am going to have to have my own TV aerial on my own property and while still using the communal sat dish, I know that will at least sort out the terriestrial tv aerial signal issues etc, but then it means I am stuck with a dish on one house an aerial on another, seems mad, . but hey, it is mad.

I am going to ask the council would they agree to me purchasing the full set of parts, the dish (good quality 100cm), and an inverto black ultra Lnb and an ok quality run of the mill terrestrial aerial, I just want to see what they say as if they say thats fine then I will also say they have to give me a written agreement that they will fully maintain it with any future problems.

You guys know what I mean ?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

I not so sure the council will agree as then they may be liable for more expensive repairs in future if anything goes wrong. Good luck with trying.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DOUGALMCD For This Useful Post:

Saltire (10th January, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

edit: double post, sorry.
    (member of staff, please delete this double post here, cheers).
    Last edited by Saltire; 10th January, 2017 at 05:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Question

Cheers @ Dougalmcd

this HD terristerial freeview TV box arrived from TalkTalk earlier yesterday evening, I wonder if this would help the terrestrial aerial problem or is this just exactly the same as plugging the aerial cable into the TV or what, I dunno ? Anyone know ?
    see attachment photo of the rear of the box, just has antenna in and antenna out with the obvious HDMI socket too. (click the photo to see it larger and clearer).

IMAG2456.jpg
    Last edited by Saltire; 10th January, 2017 at 05:39 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

The only difference is that the terrestrial aerial signal will go to the box before going to the TV, so nothing will change.

btw...I have the recordable, hard drive version of that box (DN372T). Although I don't subscribe to Talk Talk's YouView service to access the streaming subscription channels, I use mine as just a Freeview box. Using the catch-up facility through the EPG menu is a great idea (no more faffing about on the BBC iplayer searching for programmes). Freeview themselves have now bought out similar boxes to the YouView boxes called Freeview Play.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hadron For This Useful Post:

Saltire (11th January, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
    The only difference is that the terrestrial aerial signal will go to the box before going to the TV, so nothing will change.

btw...I have the recordable, hard drive version of that box (DN372T). Although I don't subscribe to Talk Talk's YouView service to access the streaming subscription channels, I use mine as just a Freeview box. Using the catch-up facility through the EPG menu is a great idea (no more faffing about on the BBC iplayer searching for programmes). Freeview themselves have now bought out similar boxes to the YouView boxes called Freeview Play.
    oh well, thanks mate, screw that then, at least it was free (so they said), I really dont need it although I guess its handy for a freebie, I was thinking about adjusting the firmware on it and getting it to take Kodi or summit like that, now that would be good, , but I will start another thread for that.

Looks like I need the council to simply tell the contractors to fit a terrestrial aerial for my own house and that sorts that problem (I hope), but I am still going to ask them about me supplying the satellite dish and and LNB etc, they may go for that as they might well see that as a cheap way out and only paying labour costs to fit it all along with an aerial, there again, they may refuse, I can only ask, too much on my mind these days and that is why I am slacking off with everything, my health comes first and I am struggling man, but thats another story.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456