Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sky Sports Interactive via DreamBoxEdit?

Hi there

My brother's got a DM500C and was asking me to look at a solution he'd found for getting the Interactive services from Sky Sports on his box; using DreamBoxEdit to edit your channel list and change the Sky Sports interactive channels from Data to TV which supposedly makes them available to watch, but when we were trying this we got totally different values for channel names and frequencies etc (plus it wouldn't let me change them from Data to TV anyway :-p), and I then noticed the topic he was looking at was under a Satellite section of the website he was looking at.

He also said he'd saw a file on this site that supposedly you just FTP onto your box and that makes the service available, but when we tried to find it yesterday this forum was offline for maintainance, and now he can't find the link anywhere.

Reading up on it all further, it seems to me that the general consensus is that it's just not possible for cable boxes to get the Sky Sports interactive services, but I'd appreciate it if someone with more know-how could verify that.

Cheers
    -Gary

V.I.P.P.T. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garymce View Post
    Hi there

My brother's got a DM500C and was asking me to look at a solution he'd found for getting the Interactive services from Sky Sports on his box; using DreamBoxEdit to edit your channel list and change the Sky Sports interactive channels from Data to TV which supposedly makes them available to watch, but when we were trying this we got totally different values for channel names and frequencies etc (plus it wouldn't let me change them from Data to TV anyway :-p), and I then noticed the topic he was looking at was under a Satellite section of the website he was looking at.

He also said he'd saw a file on this site that supposedly you just FTP onto your box and that makes the service available, but when we tried to find it yesterday this forum was offline for maintainance, and now he can't find the link anywhere.

Reading up on it all further, it seems to me that the general consensus is that it's just not possible for cable boxes to get the Sky Sports interactive services, but I'd appreciate it if someone with more know-how could verify that.

Cheers
    -Gary

In short... its not possible m8..not for Sky Sports anyway.

You can however see the BBC interactive screens.
    XBMC/KODI Developer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

not on cable mate on if he has access to a sky uk card with a satellite receiver,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright, cheers for the clarifications!

-Gary