Playing FLAC music on a Mac
Register
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Playing FLAC music on a Mac

I am not a Mac user, but my cousin is; he is also a technophobe!

I have a number of FLAC files which my cousin wants to play, and I have sent them to him on a brand new
    USB3 stick, which is stated to be for Mac OSX.

The problem is, he says, "It won't play" !

I have no knowledge of Macs - hence this request.

Could someone please explain, in very simple terms, how he plays FLAC files on his Mac?

I would have expected the installed programs to play a common format such as FLAC, but appreciate that this may
    not be the case. In which case what, hopefully free, program can be download to accomplish this?

TIA

S.

Edited to add: I understand that VOX might be the answer to my cousin's problem, some questions though:-

Can it play direct from a USB 3 memory stick; and

Can it play direct from an external HDD ?
    Last edited by Solent; 8th December, 2016 at 12:27 PM. Reason: To add reference to Vox.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Would it not be easier to change flac to apple lossless or alac using audio converter?