Dads died but you have to laugh.
Register

Threaded View

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Default Dads died but you have to laugh.

Hi,
    my dad died last Monday, no is true he did.
    He passed away in St Catherines Hospice and over the last 10 days I have been going through the full spectrum of emotions but last night just cracked me up.

"mum (in her eightys with mild dementure) Mum I am going to see the vicar tommorow to talk about dads funneral service. I am just going to pick well known hymns"

"have Ave Maria"

"no mum thats Catholic this is a C of E church"

"Well he used to be Catholic, your dad liked that one"

"Oy Ve Maria I might have been able to swing but not Ave Maria"

"And don't forget that Elvis song at the end"

"Right, which elvis song?"

"Err you know... return to sender"

"we're not having return to sender when the curtains close on the coffin, final"

"no not return to sender, that other one... you are always on my mind.

My family make Spike Milligan look normal.

So to lighten the whole thing ( I am not going to use them) I wondered if you have any suggestions for the song when the curtains close round the coffin?

The lady next door said she went to a funeral where they had Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye, and all the congrigation waved as the curtains closed.
    Last edited by albertros; 13th December, 2016 at 10:37 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to albertros For This Useful Post:

DOUGALMCD (13th December, 2016), leotheloin (14th December, 2016), rds60h (13th December, 2016), rocketron49 (15th December, 2016), smokey08 (14th December, 2016)