Technomate Nano 3T tuning.
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Technomate Nano 3T tuning.

Hi everybody, hope someone can assist with my query. I recently purchased a Technomate Nano 3T on to which I have flashed the latest Openvix image and have connected tuner A to an 80cm dish aimed at 13E, tuner B to an old Sky oval dish aimed at 28.2 E and tuner C to my terrestrial aerial. Upon scanning for channels, tuner B is OK and finds 971 channels, tuner C is OK, finding 169 channels, however I am struggling to tune tuner A to my satisfaction as even though it finds 1313 channels there are several transponders it cannot find. Just to give an idea of some of the missing transponders, from the frequencies listed on Kingofsat, I am missing approx. 17 horizontal and 23 vertical, but the ones it does find are showing SNR & AGC levels between 80 & 95. I am ruling out dish alignment and cable/connection issues as if I connect my old Digiquest F777 up to the same cable it shows similar signal levels, scans in the missing transponders and I end up with 1958 channels. I am at a loss as to what the problem may be as the Nano 3T, according to the description on the box has a ?super sensitive tuner for very weak signals & transponders?. The only thing I can think of is that there is some incompatibility issue between the receiver and LNB, but the polarity is switching OK and I can receive channels from 10727 and 12692. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate your help.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Which Frequency are the transponders on with the channels you are missing from the technomate, also have you tried a pre-arranged channel list such as that made by Catseye or Vhannibal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From the list on Kingofsat I cannot receive 10719, I can receive 10727 then nothing until 10853 & 10873 then it misses two, finds one, misses one until 11034 then it can only find two until 11526. It then misses all until 11727, then it hits a good run and only misses six or seven randomly until the end of the list, so I can not see an obvious pattern.
    I have tried Vhannibal to no avail.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

if you know the channel name get the info off kingofsat and enter it into a manual scan in case its an overlooked tp as boxes missed that before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The frequencies are in the predefined ones on the signal finder, but show no signal. I have also done a manual scan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Problem resolved. Fitted a new LNB.