Register
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Default All Andriod related Issues/Tips in here Please

Ok lets try to see if there are a few of us users using Andriod. So lets put all tips, recomended apps, news on handsets/tablets ect in here for now.

Cheers

Cunny

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Stuck, lets see how it goes

How about best apps used? My favourite at the moment is slideit ( Slideit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) beta, what a difference it makes to standard texting.

So many apps I cant choose which are the best, but I have quite a long list.
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Get a small list going satsmo, my lad at moment loves the talking cat , only got phone on thursday but i must say am very impressed, and just downloaded loads of apps for it off the net, will be busy looking thro them soon enough

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Get rooting Soccer scores is another great free app. The list is endless dependent on your tastes and the fun is in the browsing.

Try out the dreambox app
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Dreambox app, not seen that but off looking now

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cunny View Post
    I loves the talking cat , only got phone on thursday but i must say am very impressed
    Your impressed with a talking cat cunny?

err, mine and my little lasses favourite is Barbie Puzzle, a jigsaw of different Barbie poses.. tell no one!

Fuzzies is a lemmings game, alright when I am waiting in the car or whatever.

Google Goggles is brilliant, and will be better as the database builds up. take a snap of something, a barcode, the eiffel tower, a can of Stella etc, and it will tell you all about it.

Google Skymap is cracking, if you look like Patrick Moore that is.

GPS Test is a neat little program, you can go into settings and change the scale grids, so you can see your location as a longitude/latitude, or change it to Ordance Survey grid ref. Or a multitude of other standards that I haven't a clue about. Handy if you want picking up from the gutter after a skinfull.

HulloMail, I am using for my voicemail, seeing as T-Mob are charging now to call their voicemail service. I get free landline calls, so it is saving me about three quid a month.

Google Maps, along with the Navigation program, is a must. As good as any Sat Nag, but this one you can search say a business out, and then set the address in Navigation.. Brilliant.
    The other week I had to go to a farm, (Long story, I swapped a chicken hutch for a load of free range meat) I put the farm name in google maps, and then set it to navigate.. you show me a tomtom that would find a farm!

Pkt Auctions ebay, an ebay app so you can still buy your tat when your out and about.

RAC Traffic.. speaks for itself.

SECuRET.. set your phone up and then go look on any computer on your wi-fi network to err, monitor the baby, or if you have lodgers.. well.

Voice Search, for when you need to do some googling while at the wheel. Naughty I know.

WiFi File Explorer .. An app so you can browse your phone from a computer.

Astro, what I use on my phone to search for files, especially the downloaded 'cheap' apps.

And my favourite at the minute..
    XBMC Remote.. controls my HTPC.. and I am loving it.

~~~~ing talking cat.. ffs

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xant14 View Post
    Your impressed with a talking cat cunny?
    No you half wit the phone .

I have just downloaded loads of apps of the internet so gonna be flicking through thro them at some point.

But wont mind the full app of the talking cat
    Last edited by cunny; 12th September, 2010 at 09:31 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

~~~~ing cat quite good actually... for 5 mins!
    Bet one member on here won't be using this section. Bulldog!
    He is into antiquated handmedowns. Philistine
    He thinks HTC is something that gets treated down his local clap clinic.
    oh ~~~~ me... F1 grand prix on... got an F1 calendar app on here too and I still nearly missed it.
    laterz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

LauncherPro is my favorite launcher app. Made me get rid of Sense on my HTC. If you're like me and love the clock/weather on Sense, google Fancy Widget 1.3.0 and download that, it got taken off the Android Market cuz HTC complained.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Had a quick look at Launcherpro.. but tbh, I don't mind my standard, sense interface. And my weather app on my Desire is ok.
    Not knocking Launcherpro, a lot of good reviews on it, but I will give it a miss, unless you convince me otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

as good as Google maps and navigation is, sometimes going through areas of GPRS signal (no 3G or HSDPA) downloading and rendering of the maps sometimes can't keep up.

I have co-pilot (cracked) it's offline, (all maps stored on SD card, so no issues like those mentioned above) let me know if you want to try it, and i'll upload on rapidsare or something.

BBC news widget is a good 2x1 widget, and loads of different feeds to choose from (mine always set on football)

I've also installed Swype keyboard on my desire, after using it on the galaxyS and liking it. makes typing so much quicker.
    Last edited by jonesy118; 14th September, 2010 at 11:43 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy118 View Post
    as good as Google maps and navigation is, sometimes going through areas of GPRS signal (no 3G or HSDPA) downloading and rendering of the maps sometimes can't keep up.

I have co-pilot (cracked) it's offline,.
    Ahh, didn't realise google navigation relied on gprs reception, I have had no issues when it is on the navigation screen. I must have been in a good area.

Yes I would be interested in Co Pilot, How big a file is it?
    Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xant14 View Post
    Ahh, didn't realise google navigation relied on gprs reception, I have had no issues when it is on the navigation screen. I must have been in a good area.

Yes I would be interested in Co Pilot, How big a file is it?
    Cheers
    Well it's generally ok, because it caches the required maps and directions before you start your journey. It's usually when I decide to ignore the satnav and take a little detour, that it sometimes struggles re-routing and bringing up the correct maps. (just shows my location in the middle of a blank screen)

I think co-pilot itself is about 15-20 meg, but then when you've installed the app, it then asks which country maps to install, and voices etc.. all that data saves to your SD card though.

I'm at work at the moment, but I'll dig it out later when I'm back home

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

xant14.. heres fully registered easytether. It's an older version, but you just need to install it to generate a serial

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Uninstall current copy, install this one, go to menu and view the generated 5 digit serial code, (write this down as you'll need it later), uninstall this and go to market and download easytether ( latest version is 0.9.10) go into settings and enter the serial that you generated earlier on the old version I've uploaded to RS above.

Also here's the link for cracked copilot:

This will allow you to install copilot, then you can go ahead from inside the app to select which maps and voices to install.

There are newer versions out there, but they don't allow downloading of the maps from inside the app, so you have to find them from other sources, so I'd suggest installing this version and using it to get all the maps you need onto SD card. You can then go ahead and install a never version of the core app.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Hey nice one Jonesy. Cracking stuff m8 thanks.
    Just downloaded one file on free Rapid, so will have to wait for the other.
    Brilliant stuff mate.. and all I can offer you is the full cracked talking cat app

If you don't want this I think I know a man that is easily pleased.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast