Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Acer Repairs Centre

Hi kids,

my little girl's Acer Aspire Switch has recently developed a problem whereby it is not charging. As luck would have it, the problem arose just a couple of weeks after the 1-year warranty ended.
    When the charger is plugged in, the icon in the system tray says "plugged in, not charging".
    When the device is switched off and has charger plugged in, the light on the power button illuminates as if it is charging and, from time to time will charge enough for me to turn it on but the battery will die and shut down after just a minute or two.
    I've bought a replacement charger (due to be delivered tomorrow) but, if that don't work, I may have to face the possibility of Acer's repair centre.
    Has anyone any idea of how this might be fixed without resorting to the repair centre or possibly a ball park figure of how much Acer will try to milk from my cash-udders.

I hasten to add that my daughter has specified that, under no circumstances am I to fiitc.
    Syntax Error : Integer Out Of Range

Hooray For Tits & Fannies

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Try a new battery. I doubt it will be the charger as it's connected when plugged in

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with cunny, sounds like a dead battery, try running with old charger but remove the battery (so Yes run with no battery at all), see i it runs like a charm then, if it does then you know its the battery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpider View Post
    I hasten to add that my daughter has specified that, under no circumstances am I to fiitc.
    You mean she doesn't want you to fix it? If it does turn out to be the battery (after doing what jjensen suggested), you could save a lot of money by fitting a replacement yourself rather than taking it for repair. It should be pretty straight forward on an Acer... on a new-ish Macbook? Not so much