sd card for Rpi kali linux
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default sd card for Rpi kali linux

Would there be any noticeable difference running a SanDisk Ultra 8gb SD Card SDHC SDXC Class 10 40MB/s as opposed to a SanDisk ULTRA UHS-I 8GB Class 10 48MB/s MicroSDXC for Kali Linux on the Rpi2 and is 8gb sufficient?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

8gb will run it perfectly ok but I just prefer a 16. Can't see there being a lot of difference in the 2 cards but the faster the card the faster u can put the image on it. Personally I use raspbian and install the tools I need separately. I use my rpi3 built in wifi to ssh in and an external usb wifi for inet access ( or in monitor mode for aircrack-ng etc ). I would be updating to a rpi3 though. Very impressed with it for whst it is.
    V Series TMS470 / EEPROM data - encryption / decryption, totally pwned.

IEC 62056-21 - new discussion: sonsivri.to/forum/index.php?topic=60412.0

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dunker For This Useful Post:

Danksnaks (18th August, 2022), mikk (10th December, 2017)