Register

Thread: Zgemma start up

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Zgemma start up

Hi group it's been a while since I been on here, I've ordered myself a new box zgemma star h5 which I will be using on cable, years ago I used to have the old dbox 2 which I loved and I learnt all about the keys etc loved it anyhow, obviously I'm going to do my reading cause you have to learn but what I wanted to know is there anything I'm going to need up front like do I need a normal Ethernet cable or does it have to be a crossover, or is there anything else I need so I have everything when I go to set my box up, any help be great thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

The H5 are not as well supported as the H3 (H.S, H.2S and H.2H), don't get them confused when looking for images. You use a straight Ethernet cable also with most routers you should be able to use a crossover if that's what you have. You can flash from USB and configure from Telnet/FTP or through the Remote or Web GUI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Open atv image for H5 works 100% that is what is on my H5, only use open atv images on the zgemma's anyway. Openvix don't support it and patched vix images cannot be updated. And the rest open pli, HDfreaks. opendroid and open spa are all the same as openvix in my opinon but they can be updated as far as I know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

I always found ATV images don't support the TF card properly. I always use ViX and can update them fine when properly configured.