Making my website Mobile friendly??
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Making my website Mobile friendly??

Hi guys!. Well i am quite new here, but i thought i would ask either way on how i could make my website mobile friendly. My husband and i just started an online shop and we wanted to make our site mobile friendly. If any of you have tips it would be great!. Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi there, welcome.
    First off, it's good you've already recognised how vital making your site mobile friendly is! You actually have a few options here:
    - Mobile site
    - Adaptive design
    - Responsive design

A mobile site uses a separate URL to your normal website, so it would be "m.example.com" rather than "www.example.com" for example. The good thing about this is you can adapt the actual content to suit mobile use, which can be pretty handy.
    Adaptive and responsive designs are similar to eachother in that they involve designing your core site so that it adapts to different sizes of screen, rather than using a separate URL. Responsive design tends to be more flexible than adaptive design though, so you'd do well to go down the responsive route! Take a look at this blog post for more details on the pros and cons of each method - it explains it better than I ever could!

Hope that helps, and best of luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neilean View Post
    Hi there, welcome.
    First off, it's good you've already recognised how vital making your site mobile friendly is! You actually have a few options here:
    - Mobile site
    - Adaptive design
    - Responsive design

A mobile site uses a separate URL to your normal website, so it would be "m.example.com" rather than "www.example.com" for example. The good thing about this is you can adapt the actual content to suit mobile use, which can be pretty handy.
    Adaptive and responsive designs are similar to eachother in that they involve designing your core site so that it adapts to different sizes of screen, rather than using a separate URL. Responsive design tends to be more flexible than adaptive design though, so you'd do well to go down the responsive route! Take a look at this blog post for more details on the pros and cons of each method - it explains it better than I ever could!

Hope that helps, and best of luck.
    Thank you for the share

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You're most welcome