Half of Brits agree that the NHS is in a 'humanitarian crisis'
Register
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

Default Half of Brits agree that the NHS is in a 'humanitarian crisis'

The British Red Cross recently claimed the NHS is in a 'humanitarian crisis'

Nearly half of Brits agree the NHS is in the midst of a ?humanitarian crisis?, the description which has been applied to it by the Red Cross .

Last week Theresa May ridiculed the claim by the international agency ? but 47 per cent of people polled for the Sunday Mirror believe it is true.

And 53 per cent would be prepared to pay more tax if the cash raised was earmarked for the health service. More than half of those questioned in our ComRes poll say they think that NHS patient care is now worse than it was 10 years ago.

Yet, despite that, more than seven in 10 think patients still get a high standard of care ? up 13 points from when the question was last asked in 2013.

Nevertheless, nearly six in 10 reckon the NHS is more focused on meeting Government targets than in ensuring good care. Seven in 10 say they have not experienced any unacceptably poor standards over the last two years while 28 per cent say they have.

Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt does not get a good diagnosis from voters, with 53 per cent saying he is doing a lousy job ? up 16 points from 2013.

Yet 43 per cent believe PM Mrs May would do a better job of sorting out the winter crisis than Jeremy Corbyn . Only 26 per cent reckon the Labour leader could do better.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...tarian-9625136
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

DOUGALMCD (15th January, 2017)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I agree i had to take my father to A and E i had never seen anything like it ambulances waiitng in line to come in but no spaces corridors full to the brim and very stressed doctors and nurses i must admit i did feel very sorry for the doctors and nurses they were under a lot of pressure are stay from arrival to getting a bed was 12 hours

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandit boy For This Useful Post:

DOUGALMCD (15th January, 2017), super jumbe (15th January, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Maybe instead of doing surveys on he said she said we should do a proper public investigation on where and why it's failing obviously lack of doctors and nurses come first but this should have been foreseen years ago after all we live in the digital age all facts and figures and forecasts are there. If you investigated we would be nearer the truth and we could make heads roll. Oh hold on we don't do that do we it's usually golden handshakes which cost us more. Then there are the people in society now that waste hospital and doctors time with nonsensical self diagnosis when there is nothing wrong with them. All of this equals waste of money and waste of time. Too much buraucracy now as well everybody wants to sue for f all as well. I could go on Will it ever get fixed?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DOUGALMCD For This Useful Post:

GastonJ (9th December, 2017), super jumbe (15th January, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

its an ever ending money pit , the more we cure then another endless queue , helping anyone that comes to this country for free ?,, no one else would do that , has to be run more like a company

and the cost of some tablets is so over the top
    Last edited by smirnoff_rules; 15th January, 2017 at 02:03 PM.
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smirnoff_rules For This Useful Post:

DOUGALMCD (15th January, 2017), super jumbe (15th January, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Hopefully by honest learned people and honest auditors to tell us where it's went and where it's going and not another one of those and such's private companies in to give us another fleecing.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DOUGALMCD For This Useful Post:

smirnoff_rules (15th January, 2017), super jumbe (15th January, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts

What the article didn't say is probably the the other half of Brits were either in the queue or stuck in the hospital carpark looking for the change for the meter the remainder aren't Brits. NHS is an utter shambles treat those that aren't entitled ignore those that are and pay many times over the odds to the suppliers. Chop the heads off! The patient will thrive!
    1st UN-Official Meat-Head Fan Club Member (banned )

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ifred For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (15th January, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

Toby Perkins explained how his father had been sent home in "extreme pain" without getting a scan

Terrible getting worse then third world country, we spent billions on arms but no money to built super hospital, 4 hours wait to be seen at A & E, 4 weeks to see your GP doctor...
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

There shouldn't be any "winter pressures", it's not like winter (and the increase in patients as a result) comes as a surprise really is it - ask anyone in teh street, they all know winter arrives and the NHS is under pressure each year, it's common bloody knowledge. Winter happens once a year and has never failed to arrive, yet each year the NHS has a winter pressures crisis with not enough beds. This year it's being blamed on the population getting older. f**k me that must be another surprise for the government; each year people get a year older. The government must be full of constantly surprised people, perhaps soon they will discover that they are talking from their ar$es and stop using napkins to wipe their mouths with.

The points being that if the same thing happens each year at the same time, then you put measures in place to ensure that when the event happens you have the resources in place, it's called planning. The government knows this and ignores it. People age, it's one of those unavoidable things - if we could avoid getting old we would, like the f**king taxes that those same people have been paying for years to get a decent NHS which the government takes and squandered on external overpriced consultants and drugs companies that constantly rip off the NHS and yet still get awarded new contracts 10 minutes later. Rant over for now
    Last edited by GastonJ; 16th January, 2017 at 09:49 PM.
    My master plan is to live forever..... going to plan so far
    Despite the cost of living, it's still very popular.
    No good deed goes unpunished....

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Meat-Head For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (8th December, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

don't forget the hospitals are NOT owned by the nhs, they simply rent them from a company.

costs 10million to build
    nhs locked in 100year lease at 1million a year + inflation etc

if nurses / doctors want a £10 whiteboard hanged on wall they have to contact the company who puts it up for them and bills them £800 .etc

I wonder which tossers have shares in these companys who own the hospitals ?????

surely it would be more cost effective if nhs owned the hospitals and had full control over them?

they rip the nhs at any chance they get and its the tax payer who ultimately foots the bill !!?

99p for pack of paracetamol from Tesco but nhs only allowed to buy from their supplier at £20 a pack?

the above is a basic example of whats happening to nhs

was told this when I was talking to a regional health chief

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fes_786 For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (8th December, 2017), super jumbe (8th December, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

don't forget the hospitals are NOT owned by the nhs, they simply rent them from a company.
    Is not factually correct. Almost all hospital properties are owned by the NHS; there aren't that many PFI schemes really.

Please read https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...arch_2015.xlsx and filter by Department of Health

if nurses / doctors want a £10 whiteboard hanged on wall they have to contact the company who puts it up for them and bills them £800 .etc
    Only in those hospitals that don't have their own estates staff to do the job, or where the hospital has contracted out Estates services. However if you can find a £10 whiteboard please let us all know where to get them from.

was told this when I was talking to a regional health chief
    Obviously not that well informed then.
    Last edited by GastonJ; 9th December, 2017 at 06:04 AM.
    My master plan is to live forever..... going to plan so far
    Despite the cost of living, it's still very popular.
    No good deed goes unpunished....

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GastonJ For This Useful Post:

fes_786 (11th December, 2017), ifred (10th December, 2017)