Server upgrades?
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Server upgrades?

Hello all!

I'm hosting a server for me and a couple of friends living in the same apartment-complex. We usually use the server as a hosting-machine for various games, at the moment it's mostly CS and Minecraft. But since I used one of my old scrapped computers it isn't the best hardware in it. So we've decided to band together to buy a few new parts to boost performance. So, we've decided to upgrade the CPU, and get more RAM.

But my question is regarding the HDD. Would there be a noticable difference if we also purchase a flash-drive for our server?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Has ssd drives have little seek times, write a lot faster than conventional mechanical drives, I would say yes it will but it will also depend on network setup etc

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."