Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default how can I get eurosport please?

Hi,
    I would like to view Eurosport legaly but do not want to pay a sky subscription. I have rejected c**** boxes as it looks like they wont work with the latency inherent with my satellite internet from europasat via a tooway dish.
    Am I correct that there is a german language Eurosport that is subscription free? If so does anyone know if I could get it through my freesat dish and what receiver would I need. Any help /info much appreciated.
    Last edited by digicon; 22nd January, 2017 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Removed reference

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Eurosport Germany : Satellite 19.2? East 12226 H 27500 3/4

Main Language is obviously German but it is FTA unsure of what sports are covered on this channel as Premium eurosport channels show different sports

3. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

ramjet (23rd January, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you did not realise different from premium,mainly want Tennis and ice skating so may be lucky. Do you know if I can get that with my freesat dish or do I need to buy a motorised dish? Guess I will need a new receiver I have an old Humax freesat recorder at the moment. As you have probably realised I am on a steep learning curve here!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

If the Humax allows you to switch it from freesat mode to a standard satellite scan mode then you will be ok personally i dont know much about the Humax freesat receivers, Primarily you would also need a dish pointing at 19.2? east as your freesat dish will be pointing to 28.2? east

6. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

ramjet (23rd January, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    278 Posts

depending on your location , (ideally the uk or northern europe) you could use almost any size dish pointed at 19.2 east and feed a cable from the lnb to almost any modern digital sat box that allows you to scan and "tune in" the german eurosport channel (plus any others that are fta on astra 1 at 19.2 east)

if the humax does it , great, but if it only has one sat feed input you might need an A-B switch or possibly a diseqc switch as well to swap between the sat feeds

or you could use a cheap sat box on the 19.2 east feed and leave the existing 28.2 east box and dish alone doing the jobs they have always done

essentially this is what I do myself for channels that are NOT on 28.2 east, although there are various dish and lnb solutions around , but your requirements seem so strightforward it may be better to keep it all as simple as possible , especially to start with

so a sly zone 1 (or better still a zone 2) dish , with digital lnb , aimed at 19.2 east and a coax feed down to whichever box (or tv) allows you to scan in eurosport on 19.2 east should do the trick

as mentioned earlier , the content is different and I have no idea if the german eurosport will do what you want, ie:- get tennis and ice skating , but all this theory will do what you ask for that german channel

anything else is much more complicated , especially for the premium content on premium channels

back in the old an@logue days I use to have old amstrad boxes getting MTV , Eurosport and Cartoon Network as they were FTA at the time , which got me started into this hobby !!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ramjet For This Useful Post:

digicon (23rd January, 2017)