Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Best Image for Dreambox DM500HD DVB-C

Hi
    Not been on here for a while but I have just bought a new Dreambox DM500HD Cable tuner and wanted to know the best image to use. I used to use the DK2.1 years ago and was impressed. I have since used the new Commando 15E image on one of my old DM500c but I keep having issues with the autoboquets disappearing. I prefer the Enigma based images. Also what extra files etc I may need to get the box up and running (obviously not the CS files.
    Thanks in advance (PM me if you prefer).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mols0n View Post
    Hi
    Not been on here for a while but I have just bought a new Dreambox DM500HD Cable tuner and wanted to know the best image to use. I used to use the DK2.1 years ago and was impressed. I have since used the new Commando 15E image on one of my old DM500c but I keep having issues with the autoboquets disappearing. I prefer the Enigma based images. Also what extra files etc I may need to get the box up and running (obviously not the CS files.
    Thanks in advance (PM me if you prefer).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi
    Having real trouble getting this box up and running. Tried flashing with openpli/openatv/gemini images but can't find and channels. Anyone with a working image out there you could send me. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

OpenATV includes ABM (Autobouquet maker) which can be downloaded via the plugin feeds, once setup you only need to enter your net ID and then let it scan for you

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Which OpenATV image number should I flash that has the softcam menu pre installed? I thought on the later images it doesn't come with the softcam menu. Thanks

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Best Image for Dreambox DM500HD DVB-C

Yes I've flashed with OpenATV and downloaded the autoboquetmaker and got the channels I've also downloaded the TSPanel and tried to download the mgcamd softcam but for some reason it won't let me? Any idea how to/where to put the mgcamd files? Thanks

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

You are putting Digicon in an awkward position asking about softcams which is against our forum rules.

Please use Google for this type of query.
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

7. The Following User Says Thank You to satsmo For This Useful Post:

digicon (1st February, 2017)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mols0n View Post
    Yes I've flashed with OpenATV and downloaded the autoboquetmaker and got the channels I've also downloaded the TSPanel and tried to download other files but they don't seem to be downloading. What is the latest TSPanel for the Dreambox? Thanks