internet browser going mad
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default internet browser going mad

hi,i am having problems with my internet browser, Microsoft edge just opens up on its own and then continues to keep on opening more and more of the same page till i have hundreds of tabs open .if i try to open another page or program ,its gets over taken by the browser. i have done a full fresh reboot of the os hoping to fix this ,but its still happening ,any ideas .

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,457 Posts

Sounds like a virus.
    Or some bad settings,
    Reset pc to earlier date,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i have already done a FULL pc reset wiping everything from the pc , and reinstalling windows 10, i am doing it again at this moment , but it does'nt seem to be solving the problem with the internet. its starts going crazy with Microsoft edge ,so i down loaded google chrome and that seems to be the same ,and then Microsoft edge will take over the screen again .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That sound really crazy if you reinstall windows and that's happened again. Did you try to create another user account and see if that happens there also. Only thing that cross my mind is that there is some weird set up of settings and when you sign up with your account it setup that settings again...

or you keyboard is stacked at ctrl+N

gl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Either a virus that makes changes to your registry, or a mouse driver issue, AFAIK

Global citizen but if you really have to know- well, i was born in Edinburgh
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This sounds very similar to the MeFeedia Toolbar malware.