BMX F16 (X6) key cloning?
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default BMX F16 (X6) key cloning?

Hi,

After failing with intensiv google searching I hope that some of the experts here can give some advice.

I need to clone an existing key for a BMW X6 (F16) with "comfort access" (that keyless go thingy like MB). While having full access to the car, I'm wondering if there is an relatively easy method of cloning such a key and what hardware could be used. From my research I know there are some (expensive) tools available from keyprogtools, but I wonder if there are (cheaper) alternatives?

Thanks for your support, guy!

Cheers
    Mastercard

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mastercard View Post
    Hi,

After failing with intensiv google searching I hope that some of the experts here can give some advice.

I need to clone an existing key for a BMW X6 (F16) with "comfort access" (that keyless go thingy like MB). While having full access to the car, I'm wondering if there is an relatively easy method of cloning such a key and what hardware could be used. From my research I know there are some (expensive) tools available from keyprogtools, but I wonder if there are (cheaper) alternatives?

Thanks for your support, guy!

Cheers
    Mastercard
    no posibility coning

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rola1971 For This Useful Post:

doctore (6th February, 2017)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts

What the hell are you reading bud LOL there is no way to clone a CAS4 key at this time. Keys can be made for your car on the bench but there is no 'easy' way for F series BMW at this time that I am aware of. If you just need one, suggest ordering from dealer. And be very careful of the promises that some company make about these F series keys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks very much for finally getting a definite answer to this question. I was always suspicious with the promises having been made, and I highly appreciate you clear statements!
    Once again, thank you folks!

Cheers,
    Mastercard

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts

If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Always ask to speak direct to the tech support contact for whoever you are working with. Quiz them. Ask them some phony questions. Whatever it takes for you to confirm if they are speaking the truth. Because there are so many companies out there that will tell you whatever you want to hear to earn the sale, and then they disappear afterwards or say "no, you did not understand".

When I was amateur in this industry, I learned big lesson from the AK500 salesperson I worked with. I asked them on Skype:

"Can this product program keys by OBD?"

they said "Yes, of course, can program all mercedes keys by OBD". Then I spent like $2000 on a tool that was worth very little and did not help me at all. As a joke, we used it to hold open heavy doors one time. Put it on top of brick.

A young fool I was. Always research research research. DK is a great place to confirm these truths.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by indienick View Post
    If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Always ask to speak direct to the tech support contact for whoever you are working with. Quiz them. Ask them some phony questions. Whatever it takes for you to confirm if they are speaking the truth. Because there are so many companies out there that will tell you whatever you want to hear to earn the sale, and then they disappear afterwards or say "no, you did not understand".

When I was amateur in this industry, I learned big lesson from the AK500 salesperson I worked with. I asked them on Skype:

"Can this product program keys by OBD?"

they said "Yes, of course, can program all mercedes keys by OBD". Then I spent like $2000 on a tool that was worth very little and did not help me at all. As a joke, we used it to hold open heavy doors one time. Put it on top of brick.

A young fool I was. Always research research research. DK is a great place to confirm these truths.
    Thanks very much for your valuable advise - really appreciated!

Cheers
    Mastercard