Software problem
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Software problem

IMG_0133.JPGI accidentally clicked on the software update yesterday and now the box shows up as 'software problem' which then reboots after 10 seconds and then it comes up again. It was working fine until now, I was on the epg settings trying to see how to go ahead one day instead of clicking the right button repeatedly. I have switched the box off from the back and when I switch it on it boots up but the epg for the channel only shows what is on now and if I change the channel, the software problem thingy comes up and back to square one. Could someone help as I only got this yesterday and would be a shame if I have buggered it as I am a newbie to linux receivers, ftp etc.
    Last edited by Cccam4ever; 21st February, 2017 at 06:23 PM. Reason: copy and paste didn't work

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

If you only got it yesterday it should have the latest image on and updating software wouldn't have done this unless you were in changing settings. What is box is it genuine or clone? If the box is starting up on epg for the channel i'm confused. If this is what it is doing press exit button until it comes off that page. You may be saving epg to wrong place. Failing that a full reflash will be needed.
    Last edited by DOUGALMCD; 21st February, 2017 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It has the latest settings etc, it is not a clone as I have seen pictures of clones and compared to mine, I bought it off a genuine seller on ebay with all positive reviews. The box starts up and it loads up but the epg shows only what is on now and it is stuck on channel 4 HD, if I change the channel the software thingy comes up, I can go on to menu once it has booted. I was on epg settings and must have done something. On standard sky epg, if you click the coloured buttons then it skips a day or goes back...+24, -24 and I was trying to see if you can do that on the solo2 and must have clicked on something that I shouldn't have.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

The software thingy is box crashing.

Menu >set up >system >epg >settings >epg location what does it say there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It is okay now, I messaged the seller on ebay and he rang me and I followed whatever he told me and is working fine now, thanks for your help

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Do you have a usb connected for epg? You should always make a full image back up of box. It will save all files in case of mishaps.
    Anything you want to change or try ask in the forum first as E2 boxes are confusing to start with.
    Last edited by DOUGALMCD; 21st February, 2017 at 08:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

No it is saved on the hdd, I have a usb formatted to FAT32, there is a back up image from which I re installed, they are confusing as I can't get the cccam working on my box, I've ftp it to /etc/ and softcams was already activated, I deactivated it then activated it again and it doesn't work, I have vix btw. This ftp thingy is a bit complicated

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cccam4ever View Post
    No it is saved on the hdd, I have a usb formatted to FAT32, there is a back up image from which I re installed, they are confusing as I can't get the cccam working on my box, I've ftp it to /etc/ and softcams was already activated, I deactivated it then activated it again and it doesn't work, I have vix btw. This ftp thingy is a bit complicated
    Sorry

we cannot help you with this sort of problem as you are well aware: FORUM RULES

Discussions about Cardsharing are not allowed, including, but not limited to, CCcam, Oscam, MGcamd, Gbox, Mbox, etc....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

DOUGALMCD (22nd February, 2017)