Dreambox 800HD new image
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Dreambox 800HD new image

Hi to everyone

I haven't used the forum and my DM 800HD for ages and would like to update the image
    I get a bit confused with talks of SIM etc. so unsure which one to try. Mine is an old original DM 800HD without SIM
    WHat image would you suggest please?
    Free IPTV channels would be a bonus although I would like the option to then add new IPTV channel lists
    I hope I made sense.
    Thank you in advance!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

The DM800HD original has a Sim inside, that is generally a A2P (Same as A8P Original), and it's generally glued on the support just behind the Frontpanel LCD, below of the Tuner, on motherboard.

It's easy to see, but since DMM support stopped in 2013, its 4 years there is not much happening, and for example OpenPLi team stopped to the OpenPLi 2.1 version for DMM Original boxes.

Some Clone Teams continued the support but they are all gone, closed/finished, Ferrari closed, estar closed and Sim2 as well closing their support forum in 2016... and DM since 2013.

The only one that is left on that field that gives support is the Japhar Team, but if you want to use their images you will need to replace the sim by the Japhar Sim for example to have the OpenPLi 4.0 with IPTV functionnality, otherwise you are stuck with your DM800HDpvr Original DM to the OpenPLi 2.1.

TS

3. The Following User Says Thank You to toysoft For This Useful Post:

vocalis (25th February, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by toysoft View Post
    The DM800HD original has a Sim inside, that is generally a A2P (Same as A8P Original), and it's generally glued on the support just behind the Frontpanel LCD, below of the Tuner, on motherboard.

It's easy to see, but since DMM support stopped in 2013, its 4 years there is not much happening, and for example OpenPLi team stopped to the OpenPLi 2.1 version for DMM Original boxes.

Some Clone Teams continued the support but they are all gone, closed/finished, Ferrari closed, estar closed and Sim2 as well closing their support forum in 2016... and DM since 2013.

The only one that is left on that field that gives support is the Japhar Team, but if you want to use their images you will need to replace the sim by the Japhar Sim for example to have the OpenPLi 4.0 with IPTV functionnality, otherwise you are stuck with your DM800HDpvr Original DM to the OpenPLi 2.1.

TS
    Hi toysoft

Thank you very much for your extremely helpful reply. I do understand what is happening now...
    I have replied to you by private message.
    Cheers

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vocalis For This Useful Post:

toysoft (25th February, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For me the same but where to buy a Japhar Sim

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in