Residents told off for sweeping up leaves
Register
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

Default Residents told off for sweeping up leaves

With the first autumn leaves falling onto their street, families have dutifully been sweeping them up and putting them into their garden recycling bins.

But their community-spirited actions have been met with a stark warning from binmen, who told them depositing leaves in the brown containers is against council rules.

At least one pensioner in Guild Avenue, Blakenall, has been ticked off by refuse collectors for going against Walsall Council's policy, which has been branded "ridiculous".

The rules outlined in Street Pride documents indeed state leaves off the highway should not be put into brown bins because of "contamination". Persistent offenders who break waste collection rules, including placing the 'wrong' materials in bins, could potentially face a fine of up to ?1,000.

Council rules say all that can be put into brown bins are grass cuttings, tree and shrub prunings, old plants and flowers, hedge clippings, weeds and leaves from residents' own gardens.

The elderly woman who fell foul of the policy, who does not want to be named, told councillor Pete Smith, who said it was "crazy".

"It's still good to know some residents still take the trouble to keep the public footpath outside their own home clean," he said.

"They should be encouraged, not discouraged."

Today council leader Mike Bird called for a common sense approach and said:"Anyone who has made comments to people about sweeping up leaves is taking the rules to the extreme.

"We are trying to encourage more pride in the community and this is the perfect example of a lady doing that and she should be praised."

Retired lorry driver, Bill Pittam, aged 79, from Harden Road, Blakenall, said: "I've always swept up leaves from outside my home and put them in my bin and have been doing for the last 30 years or so."

Walsall Council, named the best authority in the country for its recycling targets, earlier this month approved a new rubbish collection policy, meaning it can now take enforcement action over those putting the wrong waste in the wrong bins.

Persistent offenders could be taken to court and fined up to ?1,000.

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...ing-up-leaves/
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (25th February, 2017), rideon (24th February, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts

No good deed goes unpunished !
    Thought that this kind of stuff only happens in my country...
    A failure will not appear till a unit has passed final inspection

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rideon For This Useful Post:

GastonJ (25th February, 2017), Meat-Head (25th February, 2017), super jumbe (25th February, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Justvget a leaf blower, blow it into naybors garden

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Meat-Head For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (25th February, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

Ahh I was also wondering if we can clean snow outside our house without getting done?

You can get in touch to ask the council to clean and give them 7 days or else....

remove fallen leaves
    put up a ‘No Dumping’ sign
    clean a street
    remove a dead animal

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (25th February, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    Justvget a leaf blower, blow it into naybors garden
    This can go on both ways then this matter escalate to the ring side all because of dairy milk....

Note:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (25th February, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts

I suppose they will be taking DNA samples from all the leaves in your bins!
    Hang on a second !!! "With the first autumn leaves falling onto their street" Isn't it nearly spring now or have I just missed summer on that warm day a couple of day ago
    1st UN-Official Meat-Head Fan Club Member (banned )