Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Landcruiser Prado KDJ150 p1601

Hi guys, this problem is getting out of my hand.
    Have this car 4 a few weeks. When its cold the engine rattles and emits white smoke, smells like unburnt diesel. Smoke clears when its warm but engine makes 'tick tick' noise. Checked it out with techstream and error code is P1601 dpf deterioration and eeprom error. Checked out injector nozzles and found out one injector was not compatible, it was old euro 4 type whereas euro 5 is needed. Replaced nozzle number 4 but problem still there. Tried performing pilot learning function with techstream but it fails every time. The code is permanently stored and engine performance is the same as before.

1. Checked Timing- OK
    2. Injector Compensation Codes- Successful
    3. Error Code P1601- Permanent

It would be helpful if someone can guide me on the steps to perform pilot learning function. I have read it but every attempt results in failure.

Would really appreciate any kind of feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Posting soo late but I finally opened up the engine and Piston in cylinder 1 was cracked. Replaced Pistons and rings. Problem Solved