Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

Default Woman convicted of theft for finding ?20 note on the floor wishes she could ?turn

Woman convicted of theft for finding ?20 note on the floor wishes she could ?turn back time?.

Shopper Nicole Bailey thought ?finders keepers? would apply when she found ?20 in a shop

A SHOPPER who was dragged to court after pocketing a ?20 note she found on the ground has said she wishes she could ?turn back time?.

Nicole Bailey had thought it was a case of ?finders keepers? when she spotted the note lying in a store freezer cabinet at a One Stop store.

But the 23-year-old was instead taken to court after it was revealed the cash had been dropped by a wheelchair-bound customer ? who alerted staff when he discovered his cash was gone.

Speaking to the Stoke Sentinel, she said: ?The media attention has now put my job in jeopardy and turned my life upside down.

?I really wish I could turn back time. I wish that I had been represented at the police station as I probably would not have ended up in this mess.?

The HR worker said she initially denied the theft charge because she had no recollection of picking up the cash ? but changed her plea after being shown CCTV footage of her picking up the note.

The young woman was given a six-month conditional discharge ? which means she will not be punished if she stays out of trouble for six months ? as well as being ordered to pay ?175 in legal costs.

Details of the case have been shared widely, with many admitting they would have done the same thing as Ms Bailey.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/299168...nvicted-theft/
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

DOUGALMCD (3rd March, 2017), Meat-Head (2nd March, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

I feel sorry for Ms Bailey.
    I can’t make head or tail out of this type of stores but I can tell you there are lots and lots of criminal stores happening at One Stop shops across since they opened.
    The statements says this women finds the 20 bucks in the freezer belongs to disable person who has lost 20 bucks, the disable person ask the one stop shop to check the camera who has found the 20 bucks bare in mind this 20 bucks not been dropped on the floor but was put inside the freezer, how did this disabled person put 20 bucks in the freezer and say he lost it, don’t make sense you know what I am trying to get too!!! I would like to see the footage from the time this disabled man opens the freezer…

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (2nd March, 2017)

V.I.P. VIC
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Just another example of the job of the police being fund raising first. Sadly crime prevention doesn't even come second anymore, it is way down the list.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mjolinor For This Useful Post:

DOUGALMCD (3rd March, 2017), super jumbe (2nd March, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

Agree vic

OFF TOPIC:-

fuzz used to tell you something was wrong, now you just get an invoice for it.

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meat-Head For This Useful Post:

DOUGALMCD (3rd March, 2017), ifred (3rd March, 2017), super jumbe (3rd March, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts

She used the wrong approach should of told them she was a shop security consultant she was mystery shopping the store---protection money
    1st UN-Official Meat-Head Fan Club Member (banned )

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ifred For This Useful Post:

DOUGALMCD (3rd March, 2017), Meat-Head (4th March, 2017), super jumbe (3rd March, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

I can't condone what she did but in the big picture of things I feel she has been made somewhat a scapegoat by police and media for a misdemeanour it would have been less costly and easier to show her the footage and allow her to hand the money back after all educating would be easier right from wrong and all that. Funny it is you know I don't remember last time bankers,big companies and such went to court or were given that much media attention they seem to get away with robbing public at every turn but no harm done eh?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DOUGALMCD For This Useful Post:

GastonJ (3rd March, 2017), ifred (3rd March, 2017), Meat-Head (4th March, 2017), Saltire (13th March, 2017), super jumbe (3rd March, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

If you had read what Nicole Bailey said this was a setup…
    Nicole Bailey had thought it was a case of “finders keepers” when she spotted the note lying in a store freezer cabinet at a One Stop store, I want to know how did the note belonging to disable person ended in the freezer???

Note:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (4th March, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

What about when someone goes "oops I found this cycle, just lent against a wall in the street so took it home" and it turns out to be yours they have found and taken? Where does it end, 10 pence, ?10, ?100, ?1000?

It's how Meaty get's his cycles though.
    My master plan is to live forever..... going to plan so far
    Despite the cost of living, it's still very popular.
    No good deed goes unpunished....

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GastonJ View Post
    It's how Meaty get's his cycles though.
    Only the 1 was in same place for 2 days, no gypo took it. It got fresh coat of honda yellow, then matching poundland lights and mudguards, greased cables, ran it a week, the derailler shot through spokes, been left untouched since
    about 5 years ago

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts

Gaston wash your mouth out Meaty is the forums top bicycle recycler .... More bike pass through his hands, between his legs, over his head, knees, shins to end up in the canal.
    Not his fault just an accident
    1st UN-Official Meat-Head Fan Club Member (banned )

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ifred For This Useful Post:

GastonJ (5th March, 2017), Meat-Head (5th March, 2017), super jumbe (5th March, 2017)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

not much sympathy to be honest,she lied when asked if she picked it up and denied it until shown proof.

secondly she works in hr,or human remains department as it should be titled. i wonder how many workplace investigations and disciplinary hearings she has took part in

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gc1966 For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (5th March, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

Its easy to jump on the wagon and to tell some one lied, look some thing not belonging to you is theft we all know that you don’t need to tell us, but if some one left 20 pound in the freezer there is some thing wrong and this whole matter does not add up and disable person could remember he left the money in the freezer, you need to ask your self how many people in your entire life heard or seen people have found 20 pound in the shop freezer?
    This 20 pound belongs to disable person in reality to be disable person out there on his own who is not capable to open a freezer and if I was in the court I would have wanted to ask questioned to disable person how he lost it in the freezer?

Note:

22. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (5th March, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

There are different levels of disability, it may have been that they may have lost a hand, or a foot (using crutches to get around) or lost an eye. At the end of the day being disabled doesn't mean travelling around in a wheelchair and being unable to lean over a freezer. Having cancer is classed as a disability, do you expect them not to go shopping , would you even know?

However the law is very broad it saves people 'finding' not only money, but cars, motorcycles, cycles, houses etc - though it is difficult to steal a house I suppose, but they are often found in roads, avenues, roads along with cars etc. Oddly enough I found a police evidence bag containing jewelry and drugs in my garden (obviously a lazy police officer) which I handed over at the police station. The conversation went

Me: I have a bag which belongs to you
    Officer: Why do you think it belongs to us?
    Me: Because it has Police Evidence written all over it perhaps?
    Officer: Oh it may have been put there to be disposed of
    Me: What in my effing garden, can you tell me who to send the bill to for littering and would you please prosecute the police officer for it?
    Officer: Why would we do that, it could have been anyone?
    Me: Because it's effing obvious it belongs to you, it's yours, therefore only a police officer could have dumped it. Maybe they were compensated for not producing it?

At that point I handed it over and walked out. cking ~~~~ers. Shows you how much interest they have in doing anything other than easy targets.

At the end of the day in the case of this woman, the shop, the police and CPS failed to use common sense, in this case. The police and CPS should get a slap for it and I wouldn't be shopping in there ever again.
    My master plan is to live forever..... going to plan so far
    Despite the cost of living, it's still very popular.
    No good deed goes unpunished....

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GastonJ For This Useful Post:

DOUGALMCD (13th March, 2017), ifred (5th March, 2017), super jumbe (5th March, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

OFF TOPIC:-

like gaston guy found a g-n took it to cop shop, got done for handing unlicenced, theft and all sorts.

he should have left it and rung the fuzz is what should have done

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meat-Head For This Useful Post:

GastonJ (6th March, 2017), super jumbe (5th March, 2017)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

They should have charged onestop shop for putting 20 pound in the freezer on food hygiene and pound droplets!!! There are more cameras in that shop then in 5 super markets; I will never go to that shop.

Note:

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

GastonJ (6th March, 2017), ifred (5th March, 2017), Meat-Head (5th March, 2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast