Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default V8S DONE WRONG UPDATE HELP

Juts updated firmwere online as you do found some new one for a change and its the wrong one its for a v8 PLUS box what ever that is now the channel list is all over the screen. And its all gone too pot. How do i get it back to how it was ? ive tried upateding through network again but theres no firmwhere there at all. And every time i try to put the old firmware on using a usb it says odmi missmatch someone please help for the mrs gets bk thanks josh. Also it permently displays No Auth on the screen no matter what i do. It also says this every time i restart it fail; not config/mnt,uda 1/product_config.ini in usb disk
    Last edited by portvalefanjosh; 8th March, 2017 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by portvalefanjosh View Post
    Juts updated firmwere online as you do found some new one for a change and its the wrong one its for a v8 PLUS box what ever that is now the channel list is all over the screen. And its all gone too pot. How do i get it back to how it was ? ive tried upateding through network again but theres no firmwhere there at all. And every time i try to put the old firmware on using a usb it says odmi missmatch someone please help for the mrs gets bk thanks josh. Also it permently displays No Auth on the screen no matter what i do. It also says this every time i restart it fail; not config/mnt,uda 1/product_config.ini in usb disk

Give this a go. You should be able to load the correct Firmware using this method

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ll-modem-Cable

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Tried that thanks didn't work. I needed new box anyway , so bought openbox v9s instead. But the epg is pants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portvalefanjosh View Post
    Tried that thanks didn't work. I needed new box anyway , so bought openbox v9s instead. But the epg is pants.
    I've recently done this and had to reflash the box to get it working again. If you still have it then worth spending a couple of ?? on a USB to Serial Null Modem Cable and reflashing then put it for sale

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My pc has not a rd232 connection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry I meant no rs 232 port on any of my pc's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can buy an rs232 to usb adapter (ebay sell them cheap) and off you go.