Register

Thread: New toy

Hybrid View

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default New toy

Currently i have a solo 2 going to get my self a new toy and move from sat back to cable. Wor lass will still want to record a channel and watch another or record 2 at the sane time. My question is will this do that with one feed attached?

VU+ Duo 2 (1x Twin Tuner Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner) Enigma2 Linux Cable / Terrestrial Receiver Full HD 1080p

Or

Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner DVB-C/T/T2 Cable / Terrestrial Linux HD PVR Ready Receiver

I did see this one

VU+ Uno 4K 1x DVB-C CABLE FBC Tuner Linux Enigma 2 Receiver UHD 2160p

But with the last one only having 1x tuner would it not give me the option to record one and watch another?

Last bit lads what one would u go for

As always thanks in advance for the advice
    Last edited by konatist; 11th March, 2017 at 12:20 AM. Reason: More info

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

The Vu+ Plug and Play Tuners come in 2 variety's either Single which is just that one tuner with a single input or a Dual Tuner which again is a single cable input but is split inside the tuner to give you 2 tuners one to watch and one to record etc...

on the newer models such as the Vu Uno 4K and the Ultimo 4K they use FBC tuners (Full Band Capture) this will actually give you 8 tuners on one single input, possibility her is endless watch 1 record how many you want or watch one record 2 or 3 and stream the others to your tablet or phone similar to how $ly Q works

3. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

konatist (12th March, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cheers for the info digi glad to see the old faces still kicking about. I know its down to personal preference but if u had to pick one what would it be??

Do both the duo and the solo se have plug and play tunners and the uno a fixed one? Am i right in thinking

Oh juat thought yeah i do have a 4k tv
    Last edited by konatist; 12th March, 2017 at 12:26 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

My personal preference would be the Uno 4K as you have the Plug and Play FBC tuner which will give you 8 tuners capability, I only say this as your initial post states you want to move back to Cable from Sat, Your Solo2 is still very capable and still commands a very healthy second hand price on the E of bay.

Although you wont get any 4K channels at present on Cable who knows what the future holds but also you receiver will be 4K capable possibly for some form of streaming in the not too distant future who knows?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

konatist (12th March, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

After reafing your inital post i was edging towards the uno your second post has made up my mind thanks again digi.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to konatist For This Useful Post:

digicon (13th March, 2017)